Lost Acres Fire Department Granby, CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningisfun

I searched up on the ULS for WPWW927 and there are two frequencies associated with that license. The one listed or RR which is 33.94 and there is also 33.78 which is not listed. What is 33.78? I don't think it is the input as the output is 60 Watts. Any comments appreciated.

Placid1

33.78000-179.9 PL Statewide Fire Mutual Aid
Are some other things listed but they are not for Hartford county.

cg

Premium Subscriber
33.78 was used across the county for fireground. Since Lost Acres (Granby) is the only department left in the county that uses 33.94 exclusively, they only use 33.78 in rare circumstances. Lost Acres does not use a PL for either 33.94 or 33.78.

chris

scanningisfun

Thanks for both of the responses. i knew they didn't use a PL tone. I guess 33.94 used to be used for mutual aid and now only lost acres uses it. I was just wondering if I missed a frequency or something.

cg

Premium Subscriber
you are much more likely to hear Station TN or another of the Eastern CT regional dispatch centers on 33.78 than Granby.
33.94 has always been the dispatch channel. 35 years ago, the majority of the volunteer FDs in Hartford County operated on it. In the late 70's, some departments started moving off of it with most gone by 1995 or so.
East Granby still is toned out and responds using it (and along with Lost Acres, dispatched by Granby PD) but has a VHF-Hi channel for operations.
Simsbury FD supposedly still has some pagers on it. They simulcast the dispatchers traffic over the UHF and the Lo-Band. Unfortunatley, they never monitor it before talking and often will test or talk over Lost Acres or East Granby.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.