Lost activation codes for TrakkStar/Scan*Star Deluxe for Optocom Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

compuscan

I own a Optoelectronics Optocom Receiver that hasn't been used in years.

It came NEW from Optoelectronics with TrakkStar made by Scan*Star and also purchased shortly after the more advanced Scan*Star Deluxe.

My problem is I have the serial number with original discs but I don't have the separate piece of paper with the activation codes and now presumed lost.

I emailed Scan*Star at info@scanstar.com and also called their phone # 1-408-926-5630 but I never received an email back or an answer at the phone number. The website looks like it hasn't been updated since 2008 and they may be out of business.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to install them again including buying someone else's copy of this or the E-Trak (E-Trax) software? This is old software designed to run on Windows 95/98 from almost 20 years ago but the radio needs it to trunk track old analog system. I do plan on buying Probe but I have 3 analog trunking systems I can monitor locally with this radio and Probe only does conventional scanning.

It would be a shame if I couldn't get this software installed and working again because only a few software programs even work with this old radio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.