Lost agency signal

k27

How's everyone doing?

However another inquiry. My scanner was working fine for the past few months but all of a sudden the past few days I have not been able to hear Ogden police dispatch consistently.

I noticed I wasn’t seeing the TGID anymore and they are pretty busy so it was odd.
So I proceed to pull up Ogden dispatch online feed on the radio reference site and I was hearing calls that my scanner was not picking up at all.

So I manually started listening to Ogden TGID on my scanner to verify and zero transmissions ( it is not locked out )

I plug the scanner up into PC to download hit counts and over this amount of time, Ogden PD had 10k+ hit counts.

But now it skips right over their transmissions
Every other agency in Weber county is still coming through on the same sites loud and clear.

I did a test of the scanner and removed all simulcast sites and only plugged in “Mount Ogden “ I am still getting 5 bars from mount Ogden only and hearing all agencies clear but then again no Ogden…

I open another file and insert Ogden back into Weber County Simulcast by itself and the signal bars are going down and not staying strong and I will hear light distortion.

So as I figured out previously my scanner WS1040 is not good for simulcast but is working fine using the other methods.

What happened to Ogden? is Ogden TGID only active on the simulcast sites?

I have no idea how I went from 10k hits to none. And once again I did not temp or perm lock out the channel.

Does anyone know what’s going on?

Thanks for the help

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
I have whistler 1065 I am hearing Odgen pd just fine on the Weber Simo cast. check your antenna cable connection

Reactions: k27

N7YUO

When a similar thing jappened to me, I discovered that somehow I had attenuation activated for the TG that I was no longer receiving.

Reactions: k27