Pro-668: LOST ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

stateman1

Premium Subscriber
I recently got a 668. My BUDDY AND I tried to program! Now have lost all data on SD card and no drivers for USB. Is there anywhere to send to get reprogrammed. My computer savy is just above on/off. No locals will touch it.

CycleSycho

I recently got a 668. My BUDDY AND I tried to program! Now have lost all data on SD card and no drivers for USB. Is there anywhere to send to get reprogrammed. My computer savy is just above on/off. No locals will touch it.

:wink: OK, its time to buck up and start reading. I see you've been a member since 2011? Read this ( https://forums.radioreference.com/r...ack-pro-668-loaded-whistler-dmr-firmware.html ) entire post, I believe you'll find everything you need to fix it yourself including all the sources and help sites (unless you want it to stay a PRO668). Along with fixing it, you'll become a lot more able to use the scanner to its full potential. If you want it to be just a lowly 668, read this post ( https://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/348656-pro-668-software.html ), specifically post 6. Good luck! :wink:

stateman1

Premium Subscriber
Scanner doesn't recognise USB cable(came in box with scanner-used), so laptop won't talk to scanner. Can't git past step one.

DJ11DLN

Scanner doesn't recognise USB cable(came in box with scanner-used), so laptop won't talk to scanner. Can't git past step one.
Do a search on "Windows unsigned driver issue." When you've done that, and know how to get your laptop to accept the driver, use the link provided above to get the software package. Or PM me and I will e-mail you the image I saved from my 668 when I first got it; that will contain the .exe file to install iScan as well as the driver.

Once you get it working, read the thread linked above. Your 668 will benefit greatly from the FW conversion.

stateman1

Premium Subscriber
Tried that found No drivers???Did find my 4g SD card is NG. the factory card is 1g.

stateman1

Premium Subscriber
Windows 10--seems to be the main problem.
Miracles do happen.DJ11DLN just lives a few miles from me. We met and he has my radio!!!!
There are some GOOD people out there. I am giving radio to a young girl on disability.

DJ11DLN

Windows 10--seems to be the main problem.
Miracles do happen.DJ11DLN just lives a few miles from me. We met and he has my radio!!!!
There are some GOOD people out there. I am giving radio to a young girl on disability.
Glad to help. The radio took the FW and DSP updates without any issues, it now thinks that it is a Whistler WS-1080 and is running just fine. I'll get the profile you requested on it and get in touch with you later today or tomorrow at the latest. The 4 GB SD card seems to be out of whack, but I'll keep trying to format it, maybe it will pop. The other card formatted on the first try and is working properly.

I am happy to have met another RR member in person!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.