Lost Comunication

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

On my RS 106 Last night listing to the LV PD Dispatch, I heard Dispatch call PD unit & that unit answered Dispatch, the next thing I heard was 10/4. What happened to the rest of the Dispatch message ? I heard that 3 times last night. Any suggestion on what happened ?

R

retiredmich

So the Weather will affect only one department & not any other Department's ?

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
So the Weather will affect only one department & not any other Department's ?

No, but you may have the "Weather Priority" function enabled in your scanner! That means that every two seconds or so, the radio switches to monitoring for a SAME (I believe) tone that will then switch your scanner over to the emergency message that your local NWS weather radio station would then be transmitting.

The result is a "hiccup" that occurs in the transmissions of the LVPD you are listening to, but since the NWS station has not sent the tone out, you hear nothing, just that hiccup interrupting what you are trying to listen to.

It could also be (as another reply earlier mentioned) the regular Priority function is enabled, but on a blank or rarely used channel.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
It could also be that the delay between dispatch and the answering station that your scanner moved on to scan the next talk group and didn't get back to the same talk group to hear the message.
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.