Lost contents TRX-2 Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
Got my new TRX-2 today, did all the updates and my computer locked up and I lost all the contents of my SD card while trying to format.It was a combination of things that went wrong all at once and I was lucky to get my computer back. It did not like me plugging the TRX-2 USB cable into my computer and the computer is brand new too. I thought maybe MY TRX-1 files would work and I get error codes 5-01 and 1-01. Now it says error 5-01. So I'm dead in the water until I get a fresh card? I will call whistler tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone else had this happen..thanks

SCPD

QRT
Last edited:

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
thanks for the replies but nothing has helped. I used a card reader, formatted the card and wiped it clean. I even downloaded a new ezscan program on my other computer and started from scratch. I neglected to say that this all started AFTER I downloaded the latest version of ezscan. I'm thinking that the TRX-2 doesn't like my TRX-1 archive configurations but I read where that doen't matter. The weird thing is that I restore from archive one of my many configurations (I have a TRX-1 too) and my TRX-2 loads it and scans fine up until I select menu and start to change my settings a little and I get (error detected - please contact Whistler service for assistance- code 1-01. I then power off and turn it back on and it scans fine until I start messing with the menu functions and it starts all over again. I'm wondering if a factory reset will work with the scanner ? I'm baffled. I well versed with whistler scanners and ezscan software and really don't want to give up my whistler scanners again

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to think something is wrong with the unit. But it did work fine out of the box. The scanner and software has been updated entirely with no USB connection issues whatsoever. I've cleaned and optimized the card for use thru my card readers on 3 newer windows 10 computers. I D/L from scratch the ezscan software on my last windows laptop. This time though, I didn't import one of my archives. I started fresh with the tedious job of building a whole new file/archive and settings with new scanlists. Then, I put the card back in the scanner, it initialized properly and fired up like a champ and hummed along until I pressed the menu button again to changed a couple settings. However this time it had a new present for me. The screen showed scanning "scan-list 001" ONLY when in actuality, I have 5 to 7 named scan-list's scanning at any given time. Then I hit the menu button again and it went back to the same error code and pretty much shut down on its own. I pulled the card and looked it over in ezscan and nothing was changed on the software or anything to show "scanlist 001" I think its possessed ! Its troubling because all I have to do to get it scanning properly again is to shut it off, wait, and turn it back on. I guess its ok as long as I don't have to use the menu keys, but not for a brand new $600 scanner. It should work properly. I'll keep plugging along and watch for any suggestions before it goes back. I was thinking about getting another SD card and trying that as long as that is permissible with this type scanner and only able use a proprietary card from Whistler. Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated !!

TAbirdman

the latest firmware has issues. You can go to whistler's website and download the previous release to get your unit back working again. Whistler is quick at correcting issues like this so be patient.

There is nothing wrong with your scanner.

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
un-beknown to me there were a couple of other threads about this specifically about NXDN . Whistler just came out with CPU update 4.1 and it works fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.