Lost here looking for support

Status
Not open for further replies.

918b

I just purchased the PRO96 and downloaded the WIN-96 demo program. I can't make sense of either of the two. Can anybody direct a scanner illiterate person to someone who can program the scanner with Fire and PD channels in Arizona? Fee or Free, whatever gets the job done.

918b

i guess west valley,,,,phoenix, glendale, surprise, sun cities, etc..... more interested in fire departments, but as much as possible.

918b

ok, but I think I am in over my head. I don't even know how to program the thing. So I guess I am looking to pay someone to either do it or step by step me through it with the win96 data files.

N1BHH

What's more important than learning to program with the software is doing the programming manually. If you don't know the radio and you are out on the road and want to program a frequency or two in an new city, then how would you know what to do. Set aside some time to "goof" with the radio, pick a start point in the middle of a bank and just start pushing buttons to enter frequencies and learn how that works. In other words keep it simple. Later on you should learn the software. It really is the most simple program in the world, all of the WIN family programs. It took me only an hour of poking in stuff before I had all 1000 channels loaded up.

It doesn't have to be complicated, just sit back and enjoy. Frustration should be removed from your dictionary and replaced with fun.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
918b said:
Thanks, everyone, for your help. This is getting me started.
Click the Selected Programming Shortcut link below my signature. A step by step shortcut for the 96 is listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.