lost my online feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearjammerj

I live in Aylmer, ON and our police station used to share dispatch with ST. Thomas, ON but no longer does. its still listed as both cities brodcasting together on my scanner app which I think gets its feeds from broadcastify but it actually only broadcasts the st thomas police dept on that frequency now. if anybody in the area could set up the feed for aylmer dispatch that would be great. according to this site the frequency is 142.50000.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Aylmer police are now dispatched out of Owen Sound (figure that one out). Anyways, being as they are conventional analog why not just pick up a cheap scanner? Keep an eye on Kijiji and I bet you could be up and running for $40 or less, then you aren't at the mercy of someone running an online stream.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Aylmer police are now dispatched out of Owen Sound (figure that one out).

Owen Sound has been selling its dispatch services to anybody who'll pay.

If you check TAFL, you'll see a number of licences for them (at least up until last month when they did some deleting) for a variety of modulation formats.

sirsmiley

Actually Owen Sound usually gets approached by the other police services to do the dispatching, usually to avoid an OPP costing and to keep the municipal police in the town. Owen Sound doesn't make that much money according to the Chief but instead lets them hire more people for employment. The other police service gets to save usually millions in infrastructure and salaries where they would be otherwise on the chopping block to the OPP.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
In this case though Aylmer was previously dispatched by their neighbour St. Thomas, a few km's away. I can only assume it was time to renew for dispatching services and Owen Sound came in cheaper. I understand it's all about the all mighty $$, but it's disappointing in this case as these two agencies have worked together for a long time, not to mention the benefit of having dispatchers that know whats going on in both towns and can give officers a heads up accordingly.

Anyways.... starting to get off topic. Was thinking too.... if the OP mainly listens at home you could also use a cheap SDR dongle as a receiver. If you main listening is via your phone then you could even just make your own online feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.