Lost Newbie here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruisingfool

I purchased a BCD396XT. I had it pre-programmed, to receive my county, and adjoining counties, and the state of Idaho. When I first got it would scan through all the programmed channels. But somewhere I did something wrong, and now it is stuck scanning just Idaho.

My question is, how do I get this back to the mode it arrived in? I've doing considerable reading on this scanner, but I have yet to come across the solution to my mess.

Thanks in advance!

Cruisingfool

I found this article, and it solved my problem...

Database Admin
1) Push HOLD on the system you want for about 5 seconds to turn on system hold mode.

2) Not sure what you mean, close call is unrelated to those things.

2) No there is not. The systems often end up in random order on the scanner anyways so its not really considered worth it.

mciupa

Hi Cruisingfool, welcome to RadioReference :)

What numbers are displayed on the screen near the bottom?
Maybe you have disabled a system.

Push the Function button along with the system number where you had your programming in.

mciupa

Man, it is hard to follow a thread when responses are moderated and they fall into the queue in their time sequence. My post (#3) was post #2 originally :roll:

But if the poster has found a solution, good for them. :)

Cruisingfool

Thanks for the welcome!

At the bottom I have:

SO: The numbers keep changing, then it goes to S1: numbers changing.

GRP1 most of the time it just has dashes, but every so often it will display the numbers (usually just before it switches between SO: and S1: Then it will return to just dashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.