Lost Newbie...I hope I do this right and show much edicate?

texcaliber

:) o_O
I'm A newbie to all this, and I have a ws-1040 not only to share information but learn how to program it correctly. I have my radio broadcasting from the S.E. part of the Springs. I would like to learn how to stop the "Digital" feedback without stopping the whole service, (I push l/out) if that makes sense? I would very much like to program my scanner to pick up just (Thanks to radio)

"These are my experience with these sites from my Northeast residence in Colorado Springs

Zone 4 Colorado Springs Simulcast will give you the majority of talk groups in Colorado Springs and El Paso County.

Zone 4 Swank for in the Northern El Paso SO North Ch 1, CSP 2B. Monument and Palmer Lake Fire in the remote area of the Palmer Divide. It will NOT, to my knowledge, carry Colorado Springs agencies up there

Zone 4 Calhan and Truckton are for the El Paso Co eastern and southern plains. I have not done any research on those sites.

Zone 6 Cheyenne Mt for Pueblo Co, CDOT snow plows and Interstate 25 Service Patrol trucks and El Paso Co Fire South Group, El Paso SO Ch 3 South Dispatch and CSP overload. Do not recall hearing any Colorado Springs agencies on this site.

Zone 1 Franktown in Douglas Co. Have not done any research for that either.

I use Zone 1 Douglas South Simulcast for Castle Rock and southern Douglas County in El Paso and Colorado Springs. "

I've tried it like he said and every time I lose scanner talk, and to be honest with you I'm very hesitant to try it again I keep saying I should leave well enough alone. If anyone is willing to walk this newbie threw the steps to do it right I'd be much abided. I would be willing to pay someone to explain this to me and help me program my scanner. I am disabled and do not drive and to top it off I have a (TBI) Traumatic Brain Injury) :unsure:
Tex

Last edited:

eyes00only

I'm sure you will get more answers but I think the the key word is SIMULCAST. I think there is only one very expensive scanner that does well on simulcast systems. Also most agencies encrypt now. Remember that there a lot of other things to monitor than police, fire, etc.

Good luck and have fun.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure you will get more answers but I think the the key word is SIMULCAST. I think there is only one very expensive scanner that does well on simulcast systems. Also most agencies encrypt now. Remember that there a lot of other things to monitor than police, fire, etc. ....

I'm not sure what the OP means by Digital Feedback; is it possible to post a short video or audio clip?

The OP lives in El Paso County, the only ENC agency there currently is CSPD. There is a LOT to monitor just in El Paso County. Pueblo PD and City Fire are sadly ENC, but Pueblo County SO & County Fire (Pueblo West, Rye etc). are not. Douglas SO is ENC, but the fire agencies are not.

If the OP is trying to monitor Colorado Springs Simulcast, Douglas South or Douglas North he's virtually guaranteed to have simulcast issues. The cheapest solution is to get a couple RTL SDR dongles and a SDR monitoring program such as DSD+ Fastlane or OP-25 (the latter is a more esoteric Linux program that requires a bit of work to setup).

That being said, El Paso County does have 6 sites that are not simulcast, the WS-1040 should work fine for monitoring those.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
My assumption is that when the radio stops on an encrypted TG, the garbled audio comes through. This scanner doesn’t skip encryption radio calls. The only thing that can be done is to lockout the TG. I don't think there are any TGs in the Springs that are partially encrypted so locking out an encrypted TG isn’t going to prevent you from hearing something on the TG.