Lost RCMP in cape breton digital Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextman

Hello i have been listening to police in digital for about a year or so,but in last few days i have lost them still picking everything else up.im in cape breton any help please.May have moved to p 25 phase 2.im using psr-800

Last edited:

bchappuie

I think I would just load up the NS Trunked Mobile Radio system, with a wildcard TG and see what you get. Just load it as p25, and the let scanner do the rest.

blacktop

Feed Provider
It won't happen in a consumer-grade radio due to legalities, so there won't even be provision to enter keys even IF you could get them. Even software-based reception is a near absolute write-off. You'd have to intercept the 128 or 256 bit encrypted key & decrypt it before the next key update. When NS moves to the new system, it is likely that keys can be delivered over the air...and can be done at a time interval of their choosing....which will be certainly done at a time interval vastly shorter than the large time it would likely take to decrypt a key.

alextman

Well this really bites only had radio for short time.So in other words the only way to ever hear them is with one of there own radios? Sorry for the dumb question.

blacktop

Feed Provider
Yes but it would HAVE to be one of their own radios (to get the key), but if anyone else got their hands on one, it would be killed quickly. ...or you could join the force !!

Last edited:

blacktop

Feed Provider
There will still be lots to hear. Maybe explore into areas that you haven't thought of before. The new system should bring better reception, and depending what part of CB you are in, it might be considerably better due to new tower construction. The PSR-800 is a very capable radio...you might want to wait for the new system to be built out before deciding to shed it.

alextman

There is talk around that someone has a key to decrypt transmission , im just woundering if this would last and how would you add to scanner.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Talk is cheap and highly unlikely. If somebody did manage to find the key, scanners don't support encryption.

If encryption was that easy to break, do you actually think all these agencies would spend the time and money needed to encrypt?

bowser22

gnuradio supports a key. it could be set up with SDR to decrypt if you are able to obtain the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.