Pro-163: Lost Traffic & Scanner Stuck On One Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

spop205

My scanner was working fine until a few weeks ago. I was listening to Forestdale Fire & Rescue in Jefferson County in Alabama. My scanner is stuck on one channel, and I'm getting no traffic.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
got to be a way to reboot the scanner. if not in the user manual try googling ‘reboot (scanner make & model)’.

tvengr

Well Known Member
From Marksscanners.com For Pro-163

To Initialize the scanner, turn off the scanner then turn it back on. Press 0 when the welcome screen appears. 'Please select factory tests. Exit if no key is pressed' will briefly appear. Then quickly press 1. 'Initialization clear all memory Enter to confirm Clear to exit' will briefly appear. Quickly press ENT to initialize. 'Initializing, Please stand by' then appears. Do not turn off the scanner while it is initializing. The display should then show M000 on the top line and Bank 0 CH 00 when finished.

Be advised that will clear the memory.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
I have seen similar behavior when every other channel is locked out. On some scanners, you can press and hold the Lockout key and it will clear all lockouts.

chris

spop205

From Marksscanners.com For Pro-163

To Initialize the scanner, turn off the scanner then turn it back on. Press 0 when the welcome screen appears. 'Please select factory tests. Exit if no key is pressed' will briefly appear. Then quickly press 1. 'Initialization clear all memory Enter to confirm Clear to exit' will briefly appear. Quickly press ENT to initialize. 'Initializing, Please stand by' then appears. Do not turn off the scanner while it is initializing. The display should then show M000 on the top line and Bank 0 CH 00 when finished.

Be advised that will clear the memory.
Is this my only option?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Did you reset or initialize? The manuals mention a reset which will not clear the memory, but don't tell you how to do it. You have to press 1 and ENT after the 0 to initialize. I would turn it on and press 0 to see if there is a reset option.

nanZor

All channels locked out (or "nothing to scan") usually mean one of two things:

1) You have toggled off all of the banks / scanlists.
or
2) You have not programmed anything into at least one of the banks.

The solution is to program your fire and rescue into a memory position. Now enable the bank you put it into.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Sometimes the barrel connector socket gets worn and weak. When the plug is removed it has a spring contact that is supposed to close to connect the battery. This might not be closing to complete the circuit. I've seen this happen if the AC adapter plug is frequently inserted and removed or left in for a long period of time.

spop205

All channels locked out (or "nothing to scan") usually mean one of two things:

1) You have toggled off all of the banks / scanlists.
or
2) You have not programmed anything into at least one of the banks.

The solution is to program your fire and rescue into a memory position. Now enable the bank you put it into.
That was it. Nothing was programmed. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.