Lost Win96 Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Just get a new computer and need to install win96. I did registered years ago but i have no idea what my key code was. Who do I contact or do I need to register?

kevins669

Database Admin
To answer your question: you can try to contact the author by going to www.starrsoft.com, but if you search the forums, and read his agreement, you will see he is not obligated to re-issue it.

***Just a suggestion to you and the other hundred people who have asked the same question, and will again ask in the future:

In your email account, create a folder and move the email that Don sends to you there; like Hotmail or something. It will be there forever and ever and ever.

DO NOT print it out and put it in a safe place. That safe place is really fooling you. When you need the paper, you will not be able to find the safe place; you may find the safe place has been compromised in some way (hurricane, flood, tornado, theft, fire, terrorism, act of civil unrest)

The reliable place will be in your email saved folder, guarded safely without question, by a reliable protector such as Microsoft or Yahoo.

Oh, and work email addresses are a bad idea. You may quit or get fired, and will not be able to access it.

Somebody make this a sticky :)

-- Kevin

TES

Your license key information is available using your present install of Win96 (on the not-new computer) - Help>License Key . . .

You need to be running Version 1.55. If you're not, visit the StarrSoft site, download & install. Here is the Revision History from Don's site:

Revision History

Version 1.55 2008.01.24 11:35 (GMT -0800)

Added "License Key..." item to Help menu. It will display your registration information.

flet123rick

Lost Win96 key

Hello Tonya,

Good luck.....I have been waiting for some type of response for over 3 months now. My issue was that my kid threw my laptop down the stairs....totaly loss. Hard drive ended up in pieces. anyway you don't want to hear about my sad stroy.

The process is to send Don Starr an e-mail requesting a new key. You need to inculde as much information that you can, where they'll have a chance to idnetify what your key was. The e-mail addresws is don@starrsoft.com . Also you can try their website at www.starrsoft.com.

If you still have the old computer, the key is still there. Run the Win96 program. Whe you have the program running, press help (left side of window) If you have the latest revioson you should swee all of your registration info (including your key).

Hope this helps!. If you are successful, please let me know if you were able to get this resolved differently. I would like to get my key as well restored where I can use what I have paid for.

Regards,
Fletch "Mad Dawg" Rickman

Status
Not open for further replies.