Lots of Hams on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

Have not been active for many years now. I did pick up an HT about 3 years ago just to look at it.

N2KWE

TBennettcc

CBear429:

There are all kinds of study materials out there.

One of the most popular is Gordon West, WB6NOA:

Gordon West Radio School :: Home Page

and the W5YI radio group:

W5YI : Resources for Amateur & Commercial Radio

For my Technician, I just studied online at QRZ, one of the many places online to take practice exams. I walked in and passed the exam. The General questions were a little harder for me. I had to get a study book to learn that material. I got one from Gordon West. It was straightforward and fairly easy for me to understand. I would have my Extra class already, but I'm waiting to change my call sign first.

QRZ.COM QRZ Ham Radio Practice Tests

Others:

eHam.net Ham Radio Practice Exams
AA9PW FCC Exam Practice » Amateur Radio Exam Practice

HamTestOnline™

HamTestOnline will give you lessons for pay, but has a guarantee: If you fail the exam, they refund your money.

Whatever you choose, welcome to the hobby!

rasputen246

I have been a ham for 5 years now. Never transmitted yet (as a ham).
Plenty of Tx in the Army years ago, just love having the ticket. I was kicking myself for not going on in the 60's when I got my first Short Wave and getting my ticket.

Looking to buy my first mobile transceiver very soon for scanning and 2M & 70cm. Don't really have any idea why, but need to justify those emergency KI4JJO tags! Just a bit too into local SO & PD scanning to TX much and miss the action.

I worked HamTest Online for a couple of months and aced the Tech test first crack. Would have to start over again now to go for general but the AI interface is amazing at HTO. It gives you the ones you have problems with more often just like a tutor. It was well worth my money and time and I highly recomend it if you can drop some bucks and want the ease of online.

Status
Not open for further replies.