Lots of Small Grassfires

Status
Not open for further replies.

oktex88

Dang.. Edmond FD is keeping busy. Seems like everytime lighting strikes there is a small grass fire! Some lighting just struck a pole near my house at Post & 2nd St and started a fire at the base.. knocking out some electricty! The storm to our north is not even here yet!

peterjmag

Yep , we are in bad shap statewide. You think last fire season was bad? I think this year will be worse. Just a hunch....

P.J.

CommShrek

I think you're right. It's a good thing I don't have to out there and fool with those things. I like sitting in the air conditioning and listening to all of that ruckus on the radio. :)

car2back

I went riding yesterday with a Creek Co Deputy.... got to watch the sapulpa boys sweating their arses off putting a guy's junk pile out on 81st west of Sapulpa :roll:

Last edited:

peterjmag

That is what Matt refers to as the "bubba factor" and the dialog when these individuals are confronted is "Huhhh"

P.J.

car2back

peterjmag said:
That is what Matt refers to as the "bubba factor" and the dialog when these individuals are confronted is "Huhhh"

lol... Sapulpa FD wanted the SO out there b/c they suspected it was gonna be a burn ban violation; when we arrived on scene and did some investigation, we realized it wasn't. (Bubba was cutting up a mobile-home frame with a chop saw) the way it was explained to the captain on scene was "Being stupid isn't a crime"

CommShrek

It sounds like Glenpool, Liberty, Jenks and Bixby Fire Dept's just got done with a grass fire at 191st and Peoria.

On another note, I heard what sounded like a spotter plane and an aerial tanker (callsign: AirAttack) talking on 123.025 a frequency normally used by medical helicopters in the area. I struck up a short conversation with AirAttack and found out that they are on their way to a fire about 8 miles west of Skiatook. Must be pretty big to get those guys involved.

Anyway, happy listening.

ETA and update: 14:31 AirAttack said that they were switching freq's to 124.775 as not to interfere with Tucson Flight for Life. Surely he meant Tulsa Life Flight.

Last edited:

peterjmag

Wow! Today is has been crazy! It sounds like last year when the fire season was at it's worst. I am hearing the fire Matt was talking about down in Southern Tulsa County and am hearing multiple fires in rural Wagoner County as well as big one west of Skiatook. Poor Phil must having fun up there in Skiatook right now. I hope those fire fighters are drinking a lot of water. That's all they need is those guys dropping from the heat.

P.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.