Loudoun Co. - TG 4016

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Hearing traffic today on TG 4016. About 3 people talking about setting up a test repeater on a water tower and getting permission to do so from Fairfax Water Auth. Mentioned setting up the tower truck at that site. Also mentioned Algonkian site and Seneca Ridge, not sure if these are schools or other locations. Someone gave GPS coordinates of 39N 77W. They are also on Frasier Preserve too.

When they call each other, they say the person's name and then followed by "on Loudoun".

Just heard them say they were going to try out Montgonery's now.

Anyone hearing this too? Any ideas? Anything on Montgomery MD's site?

11:26AM - they are now calling this TG "Loudoun 1". Following a path going off of Seneca Rd. going toward RT39.

11:36AM - They are now crossing over the petroleum pipeline. If you look on a maps (Yahoo or Google), find Seneca Rd. in the norther east corner of Loudoun, with Yahoo maps, you can see 2 gates (yellow triangles) on that road. I think that's where they are.

12:48PM - I programmed in the CC for Montgomery Co. without any TG IDs. I am hearing traffic on 32848 that sounds like the people on the Loudoun system. Could they be doing something with the C&O Canal?

Last edited:

OldsDoug

Interesting... I went to the database and searched both Loudon and Montgomery Counties for those two talkgroups. Didn't find anything on either for 32848 - found 4016 in Montgomery, comes back as 72-Ida or India or whatever they call it.

My guess would be that Montgomery is installing a repeater somewhere in the area for better coverage.

Doug

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Interesting... I went to the database and searched both Loudon and Montgomery Counties for those two talkgroups. Didn't find anything on either for 32848 - found 4016 in Montgomery, comes back as 72-Ida or India or whatever they call it.

My guess would be that Montgomery is installing a repeater somewhere in the area for better coverage.

Doug

Maybe. They were talking about an UHF repeater and trying to key it up.

freqhopping

Algonkian and Seneca Ridge are schools, elementary in Countryside along Algonkian Parkway and middle school in the Sugarland area respectively. I went to both. :)

Fraser Preserve is at the north end of Springvale Rd right near where Don Geronimo/Mike Sorce lives.

I don't know of any water towers in that area.

I wouldn't be surprised if it this was for a new Loudoun TRS site. Reception in that area is pretty bad because the nearest site is in Ashburn. That area along the river is low.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Algonkian and Seneca Ridge are schools, elementary in Countryside along Algonkian Parkway and middle school in the Sugarland area respectively. I went to both. :)

Fraser Preserve is at the north end of Springvale Rd right near where Don Geronimo/Mike Sorce lives.

I don't know of any water towers in that area.

I wouldn't be surprised if it this was for a new Loudoun TRS site. Reception in that area is pretty bad because the nearest site is in Ashburn. That area along the river is low.

I know those are schools but there are roads with the same names as well. Later today, about 3:30PM, I heard them mention a UHF repeater.

Earlier when I first heard them, they mentioned putting "it" on the sump pump.

A

ACU1000

What I wouldnt give for a new Loudoun TRS site near the Potomac Falls area. When any Public Safety unit comes here they just tell dispatch to expect poor coverage and call them on the cell.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
What I wouldnt give for a new Loudoun TRS site near the Potomac Falls area. When any Public Safety unit comes here they just tell dispatch to expect poor coverage and call them on the cell.

I've gone down Algonkian Parkway a few times and it was bad. Another bad spot is the low area on RT7 just west of Hill High.

A

ACU1000

With a lack of towers, coverage is so bad here for EVERYTHING (including cell phones) when I dial 911 on a mobile phone I often get the Montgomery County MD PSAP.

Are the new towers that were recently completed at the Cascades FD location and the Great Falls Plaza shopping center location not going to be Loudoun TRS sites?

It seems kind of stupid to build one of these tower locations on top of the fire dept and not use it for the county system. That would tell me the county is only interested in revenue and not the safety of its citizens or first responders.

Anyone with some inside knowledge of the Loudoun TRS system want to jump in here and clear things up?

AES-256

Sorry, he can't. To do so, would mean the loss of his newly acquired job.

There are many persons involved in the public safety field employed as technicians, fireman, police officers....etc. that are on Radio Reference. We will give out what information we can, but when it compromises operational needs or use, we have to draw the line.

Fireradio works for the same county as me; he was trying to be helpful and telling you what they were not doing.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, he can't. To do so, would mean the loss of his newly acquired job.

There are many persons involved in the public safety field employed as technicians, fireman, police officers....etc. that are on Radio Reference. We will give out what information we can, but when it compromises operational needs or use, we have to draw the line.

Fireradio works for the same county as me; he was trying to be helpful and telling you what they were not doing.

I completely understand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.