Loudoun County Public Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlSuitor

Premium Subscriber
Any ideas about what happened to the LCPS trunked LTR bus/alert communications system? It was coming in fine until recently. Loudoun Heights 451.9375, 462.1000, and 451.2000 sound to me like Pro Voice control channels. I know they were considering going digital.

W4UVV

LCPS LTR

LCPS is licensed for LTR analog/Mototrbo/NXDN operation. Based on your comments my guess is NXDN.. If it was Mototrbo you should hear the repetitive BRRAAP data audio transmissions.

John
W4UVV

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
BM82557 is correct. They are moving all of their older Kenwood analog radios and repeaters at the schools over to Hytera DMR. Some of the older schools and Admin locations have new Hytera repeaters installed but are operating in analog and the portables are the same old Kenwoods.

The new schools that opened last year and this year are 100% DMR and sound great. Also some sites/freqs are encrypted.

I haven't been following the school bus trunked system so I can't add any info about that. I do know they were LTR analog. Now they are DMR and not ProVoice. The buses are getting the new Hytera radios too.

Does anyone happen to have the color codes and slot for for the MotoTRBO at the schools?

EarlSuitor

Premium Subscriber

EarlSuitor

Premium Subscriber
Dear BM82557:

I live in Berryville..... and get to Martinsburg a lot for work. Is there any way I could stop by and you could give me some pointers on getting my DSDPlus to work. I am fairly intelligent but feel like a dummy on this. All I get is control channel Braaaap...... I'd really appreciate it. I know you said you got the Loudoun Schools to come in on DSDPlus.

Thank You,
Earl

RonBon

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Feed Provider
Perfect implementation of DMR. All school systems should have a dmr system. Safety and security is most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.