Loudoun County TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

2272 Don't remember when or what, but it wouldn't be in my scanner if I hadn't heard it. Maybe a special event or Presidential visit to Loudoun earlier this year?

65504 This is an analog one I found about a month ago. Some sort of building engineers or maintenance, possibly working inside the county office in Leesburg. There were often references to using an intercom in the building.

I also had that 2832 +8 for encryption TG but since I don't know what it is I haven't submitted it. The first time I heard it I thought it might have been a joint op with Fairfax county because they had an active encrypted channel at the same time.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
here are a few others I had recorded at home (heard the earlier one while at work)

1623 - not sure
3223 - not sure
3255 - not sure
57488- not sure
57456 - fire/rescue
57360 - was called 6F but there already is a 6F in the database with another TG ID

I attached the recorded audio of a few of the above. the ID is in the file name.

Last edited:

freqhopping

1623 is 1616 when they dispatch a BOLO or there is emergency traffic.

A TG + the status bit results in such a TG. 2840 is really 2832 plus the DES status bit. Your status bit detection is turned off.

ID+1 = ATG
ID+2 = Emergency
ID+3 = Crosspatch
ID+4 = Emergency Crosspatch
ID+5 = Emergency Multi-select
ID+6 = ? (possibly not used)
ID+7 = Multi-select
ID+8 = DES/DVP (digital encryption)
ID+9 = DES ATG
ID+10 = DES Emergency
ID+11 = DES Patch
ID+12 = DES Emergency patch
ID+13 = DES Emergency Multi-select
ID+14 = ? (possibly not used)
ID+15 = DES Multi-select

The 57XXX TGs are probably analog patches used with other jurisdictions that don't have digital capability, like Frederick Co MD and Jefferson Co WV.

Just found some others that I stored.
6544 and 1104 but I'm not sure of their validity.

freqhopping

2832 is really active right now, as in virtually non-stop transmission. Like it could be interfaced with an undercover wire. Weird.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
freqhopping said:
2832 is really active right now, as in virtually non-stop transmission. Like it could be interfaced with an undercover wire. Weird.

I remember IMing you about a year ago with the same sort of traffic. I think it was on the Detectives TG, 1968. ever since that day, I haven't heard anything on that TG.

7:11PM I parked the scanner on that TG but haven't heard anything since I did at 6:35. when I was switching over to Loudoun County, I noticed a lot of encrypted traffic on TG 2840.

Last edited:
I have a Pro 92 and I programed it to hear loudoun county but all I hear is the control channels and I see the different ID tags but no voice. Any Ideals.
Thanks.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Tg 2032

Have been hearing traffic on TG 2032. This TG does not match any of the current TGs in the database nor does it match any with of the + status bits mentioned by freqhopping.

The traffic I heard was soemone (deputy/officer) say "Subject is down..." and something else about needing rescue. A min or so later, the dispatcher stated that rescue was on their way. All alone, you could hear someone in the background screaming. Didn't heard rescue dispatched on any resuce TGs.

freqhopping

2032 is active right now. "This is a test on the Admin channel." Sheriff Admin I guess. Test counts and stuff, seems like one guy with two radios as there is the echo going on.

JESSERABBIT

Several years ago while on the job mobile in Loudoun County with the PRO-96 in the open mode, I heard several people talking to each other in a building (or buildings). One day part of their traffic included "patient rooms". Some other traffic included "class rooms". I now believe they were in a hospital/nursing home. From my recollection, the other traffic was trying to interface with campus police. My conclusion at that time was that they were on the campus of the Northern Virginia Community College and/or the Loudoun Hospital Center. I am sorry now that I was not able to record the talkgroup numbers. They were definitely testing transmitting receiving capabilities in various locations.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
2032 - Training

Just heard a dispatcher state that "Officer Down, this will be training, do not respond. This is a training exercise." I then heard a deputy (that I think I heard mark off on the dispatch TG as being at training about 5 mins before) say he was on foot after the suspect. Next, I heard the dispatcher as if he was involved in the shooting with an "affirmative" from the deputy.

So, this would explain the traffic I heard last week with no EMS actually dispatched.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
freqhopping said:
1623 is 1616 when they dispatch a BOLO or there is emergency traffic.

A TG + the status bit results in such a TG. 2840 is really 2832 plus the DES status bit. Your status bit detection is turned off.

ID+1 = ATG
ID+2 = Emergency
ID+3 = Crosspatch
ID+4 = Emergency Crosspatch
ID+5 = Emergency Multi-select
ID+6 = ? (possibly not used)
ID+7 = Multi-select
ID+8 = DES/DVP (digital encryption)
ID+9 = DES ATG
ID+10 = DES Emergency
ID+11 = DES Patch
ID+12 = DES Emergency patch
ID+13 = DES Emergency Multi-select
ID+14 = ? (possibly not used)
ID+15 = DES Multi-select

The 57XXX TGs are probably analog patches used with other jurisdictions that don't have digital capability, like Frederick Co MD and Jefferson Co WV.

Just found some others that I stored.
6544 and 1104 but I'm not sure of their validity.

Just wondering on this... I've known about staus bits forever now. My question is however, say I don't really want to listen to regular traffic on a channel, but I still want to leave it in there just in case of an emergency status bit. I could program the TGID + 2 and just have the talkgroups emergency status programed in?

Moe

some of the traffic you have been hearing is training taking place at firing range (subject down, officer down etc.). Not sure about the others

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Moe said:
some of the traffic you have been hearing is training taking place at firing range (subject down, officer down etc.). Not sure about the others

Yeah, I think I stated that in an earlier post. What I was hearing on Friday, was real.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Heard what sounded like a drug operation about 4:30PM today on TG 1712 (Sheriff TAC1). After a few mins, I heard someone say "move all traffic to the Narc channel". About 10 seconds after that, TG 1944 was active with encrypted traffic.

freqhopping

I am now fairly certain 2832 is a wire via TRS. I've tracked it a few times with Unitrunker and it has only been one radio transmitting, the same one every time.

freqhopping

I was hoping 2888 would be active again with UT running today so I could associate some radios with it.

I logged 2608 last month, maybe the night of the murder and determined it to be a Leesburg channel. One of the radios I logged was LPD unit 707 who is CID. I don't have any radio IDs for it today because the users must have used some other channel afterwards and erased 2608 as the last TG used.

Status
Not open for further replies.