Loudoun's Detective TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed that the detective's TG has been quite lately? I used to hear traffic a few times a week on the way to work but lately nothing. maybe it's just me.

JESSERABBIT

Looking in the Database, I see that Mode "E" is listed for detectives, arson investigators, narcotics, and sert. I would assume that these would be sensitive communications. If so, then the "E" may be for encription ? I have heard previous coms in the clear on several of these talkgroups in the past, but not lately.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
my 396T usually stops on a TG even if encryption is being used. also, you can hear about 1/2 sec of encrypted traffic before the scanner squelches it. I have not seen it stop on the detective's TG lately at all.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
JESSERABBIT said:
Looking in the Database, I see that Mode "E" is listed for detectives, arson investigators, narcotics, and sert. I would assume that these would be sensitive communications. If so, then the "E" may be for encription ? I have heard previous coms in the clear on several of these talkgroups in the past, but not lately.

Yeah E stands for encryption. Every once in a while they may unencrypt it and you will hear them but in general it will be encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.