Loudspeakers for MilAir AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4big

I will go first.

I have found a little speaker that really helps me understand what is being said for MilAir comms in AM Mode.

It is the SH2P4 speaker availible almost everywhere for 10 to 15 bucks shipped. It is very small ( approx 2 1/2 X 3 1/4 ) & really emphasizes the upper mid range. They are a little "tinny" on FM but for AM they really help my bad hearing.....I have loss of much of the higher freq.... To many rounds fired & to many laps around the track with inadequate hearing protection.

I have tried about every speaker out there and find most to "boomy" & muffled sounding for my hearing condition. Not these little babies.

My .02

73, ken

Hoofy

I have a similar speaker. It's a cheap tinny sounding remote cb speaker I picked up at a truck stop and it really works great for me. I also have some hearing loss and the tinnyness helps to clear up the speach. I use one in my vehicle too.

Hoofy

DPD1

You could also try getting a little EQ box to put in line between the radio and speaker... Or a small mixer with an EQ section if you have more then one radio. That way you could get the audio to sound whatever way you'd like.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
- Featuring the New MilTenna Omni Air Band Antennas -

kg4big

Hi Dave,

Yes, I used to have a 12 band EQ with an old Kenwood Int. Amp. Then I scaled down to an MFJ616 voice enhancer....(which works well BTW). Then scaled down to just speakers. I was running out of room & had to decide between more receivers or the "audiogear". Easy decision.

Ken

DPD1

Yeah, I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff too. I mostly do everything through the comp now. I use to have a small TASCAM 8 channel board... Which was nice because I ran the effects send to my rack so I could use a compressor and some other processing stuff. Then everything went to an Alesis amp and two close reference monitors. I think I'll get a mixer back again though, because I miss having all the EQ and input/output options. Yamaha makes some good small ones.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
- Featuring the New MilTenna Omni Air Band Antennas -

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I love it!!! My family and friends used to look at me like I was crazy when I'd hook up my BC296D to my behringer or my OLD rs board which is hooked into my cpu for production anyways. Cool Edit and the later Audition was always good to play around and record the good calls with. Downstairs I hook up to this small RS speaker which was good for the most part, but my hearing is shot from years of driving hot to calls while on the rig-ah but in the next 2 weeks when I hook up arc250 to my laptop - watch out-LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.