Louisa P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
I took a trip to Louisa this month, and found nothing on their frequencies. I was hoping they at least had a control channel up, so I could run it through DSD+ and get NAC, WACN, RFSS, site, neighbors, etc.

Here's the link to that license:

There's also this thread about Louisa's proposed trunked system from last year:

Dave

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Nothing new. they are still dispatching on the old system. But there has been a some updates on the Zions Site. I haven't been by the other sites.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Went for a drive in Louisa county today and stopped by trevilions volunteer fire department. I did see a volunteer firefighter there. When I asked about the new p25 system progress, he said all radios are installed in trucks with the exception of holly grove fire. They are still waiting on getting radios installed there. He did say that tac channels will be “locked” and won’t be able to hear in scanner. When I asked him about sheriffs office, he said he didn’t know.

kc4jgc

He did say that tac channels will be “locked” and won’t be able to hear in scanner. When I asked him about sheriffs office, he said he didn’t know.

"Locked". Interesting term. So many departments seem to think "digital"="unmonitorable" when it's not the case at all. We'll find out for sure when it happens.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Field trip today to Louisa today still nothing on their frequencies, But I got a weird hit on 153.170 WAN 1DB6 SYS/ ID89A....RFSS1/ SITE 2C licensed to L3Harris ??

alpharaysmax

It appears that Louisa is now actively testing its new radio system starting this week and for the next few weeks, according to several recent Facebook posts from Louisa Fire/EMS.

I live in the central part of Louisa and have an SDS100. I'd like to scan this week and see what pops up, especially if it would help contribute some new information about the system (e.g., talkgroups and so forth) but I'm not too familiar with the best approach for scanning a TRS with only what I assume are the control channel frequencies.

What programs are recommended for this kind of scanning and logging?

dtscho

Database Admin
I would check all the licensed frequencies for a control channel, and then you could simply create a new P25 system in your SDS100, if you find a control.

DSD+ is a good program for analyzing systems, but the SDS100 can show many system parameters, like system ID, NAC, WACN, etc.

There appears to be some kind of signal on 155.6400, but it's not constant, so likely not a control channel. From near Fredericksburg, I wasn't able to get DSD+ to give me any kind of useful information. The signal might simply be too weak.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.