Louisa P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Even after monitoring for a lengthy period of time by both myself and a friend, neither of us has heard much of any traffic for Louisa law enforcement. I know it’s likely to be encrypted but neither one of us have heard much of any encryption noise nor the usual encrypted busy signal. I’m starting to wonder if they maybe went to att first net or are doing some sort of ptt over lte.
If anyone has any insight on this, I’d like to hear it. I’ll be traveling back through the area tomorrow and will listen with my sds200 as I have been doing.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
... but neither one of us have heard much of any encryption noise nor the usual encrypted busy signal...

Unless I am missing something, the Uniden’s mute (and skip) encrypted traffic on talk groups, so you wouldn’t hear anything.

alpharaysmax

Guessing the answer to this is "no", since it's not in the database and I haven't seen anything pop up when I've been scanning, but... has anyone found a talkgroup for what was the old Louisa Fire/EMS ops channel (was used basically as a separate tac channel for more complex incidents)? Do they really just have Dispatch on the new system?

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Guessing the answer to this is "no", since it's not in the database and I haven't seen anything pop up when I've been scanning, but... has anyone found a talkgroup for what was the old Louisa Fire/EMS ops channel (was used basically as a separate tac channel for more complex incidents)? Do they really just have Dispatch on the new system?
I monitor it regularly for a few hours and very seldom do I hear anything. The old system seems to be where the action is.

dtscho

Database Admin
I found the school buses on the P25 system today - they're TDMA on talkgroup 50118. This has been added to the database.

Fire/EMS on talkgroup 5050, and Sheriff encrypted on 5000. Those are the only three talkgroups I saw in monitoring for a few hours this afternoon.

Fire/EMS dispatch multicast from trunked system is on 155.8050.

Dave

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone done a astro P25 channel ID Plan on this system yet? If so what are you getting for any FDMA and TDMA? You can get that info using a SDR and dongle and or running Unitrunker on the system. I need to program a Harris XG100 radio to receive only and need the base frequencies and the TX offset. Thanks

DirtKicker44

Premium Subscriber
I just submitted all the talk groups that the county sent me from a FOIA request. The information in there is what I've been running in my BCD436HP for the last week and everything seems to be working great. It includes all the Fire-EMS talk groups, events, interops, as well as law enforcement (encrypted).

Status
Not open for further replies.