Louisiana Forestry Repeater frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

I notice that there is no posting of the Louisiana State Forestry Repeaters here in the database.

Anyone have any information what the frequencies might be? Looking for what may be used in the St. Tammany and Washington Parish areas.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Ahh they are long gone since the switch to lwin

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
LA Forestry, like MS Forestry, maintains a few SOW VHF repeaters but odds are you will never see them used. MFC still has the actual VHF sites but they are now just dead air. I think the actual equipment for LA Forestry has been removed. I believe they still have the FCC licenses maintained, bureaucracy cya until someone finally goes.. *Hey WTF do we even have this paperwork for?*

charlie12

I still pick them up in the 151 mhz range. Let us know what you find

Jerry that's because they still use that. Some of it is simplex since they use aircraft for spotting fires instead of the old fire towers. The plane can give the trucks GPS and they can go right to the fire.
I listen on 151.385

KD5UZA835

Wow.

I don't know where y'all get your info but it ain't nowhere near correct! Forestry has not moved to LWIN and we don't plan too any time soon. Matter of fact I'm in the process now of relocating the St tammany and Livingston repeaters!

Charlie12 is correct, most of our Fire traffic is handled on VHF Simplex. The repeater outputs can all be heard by listening to the district simplex talk around freq!

All freqs are listed on ULS.

KD5UZA
Forestry Radio Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.