Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Louisiana - Scanner Frequencies See this link for the sites and freqs, as well as known talkgroups thus far... A HAM radio will not trunk, and would be useless to monitor the LWIN for trunking. If you have APCO-25 capabilites on the HAM rig you might monitor conventionally but may miss a lot of traffic, and have to lock out the active control chan in use. Unfortunately to monitor systems like the LWIN, and MWIN you will need a digital capable 700 MHz trunking capable scanner. You can get pretty good deals on these for anywhere from 400 to 500 at Radio Shack.... for the PRO-106 PRO-107, GRE PSR500 and PSR600

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
CPSO going LWIN soon. Calcasieu Parish SO has plans to join the LWIN in short order. Keep monitoring guys, the LWIN's rolling.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
LWIN-MWIN link works

Recieved info that Wilkinson County MS SO talked directly to Union Parish SO using the LWIN/MWIN link. Word is it works great.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Winn Parish

The Wheeling Site is the site you will need to monitor for the LWIN in Winn Parish once you have the capability.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
CPSO going LWIN soon. Calcasieu Parish SO has plans to join the LWIN in short order. Keep monitoring guys, the LWIN's rolling.

Calcasieu has been saying that for at least 6 months. I know 90% of the deputies I run into don't have a capable radio yet. Most are still using the MTS2000. I don't look for it to happen before the first of the year. They are also working on the fire departments with alot of resistance from the small vol. depts. Money is a big issue. Sulphur PD has all capable radios, but not all are flashed to be capable. The entire parish has plans to join, but especially the Sulphur area, in building coverage is horrible so this must be corrected before Sheriff, Sulphur, and Fire Depts in center of parish can switch. I did see the most recent coverage map shows a Sulphur site, but no hits on search yet. I will keep all updated.

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
Using the BCD396T, do I program the Control Channels into one system and let the radio find CCs as I drive across the state or do I have to program each tower as a separate system?

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Troop E & F are now using 700 mhz exclusively, have been for several days. TG info in database is correct.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Using the BCD396T, do I program the Control Channels into one system and let the radio find CCs as I drive across the state or do I have to program each tower as a separate system?

Thanks.
On a 396T you can do it either way; however, these are the pros and cons of the two methods:
  • Programming all CChs in one system saves a massive amount of memory and allows you to choose the TGs that you want to listen to and keeps maintenance of the programming to a minimum. The downside is that the radio will only pick up one CCh at a time and will stay holding on that CCh until such time as it becomes impossible to pick up any more before it starts looking for another CCh to hold on; realize that it may not lock onto the closest tower, just the first one it can pick up.
  • Programming separate systems for each tower allows for you to program each system separately (even if you make them all on one quick key) allowing you to customize what you hear on what tower (this may be a plus or minus depending on how you monitor) and it will also allow you to hear multiple sites during the scan. The downside of this method is that it becomes a programming nightmare to keep these systems current and takes up a massive amount memory in the radio.
Which way is up to you, I have done both and find I generally use the "all in one system" method when traveling through the state but individual sites when in the NOLA area.

scannermaster2006

Premium Subscriber
Avoyelles

Avoyelles has new control channels. From what I could find, 769.2062 is the new C/C and 770.2562 should be the new alternate C/C.

teebee

Avoyelles has new control channels. From what I could find, 769.2062 is the new C/C and 770.2562 should be the new alternate C/C.

Lafayette Site 1-021 has a new cc as well. It is 769.18125. Went through there this past weekend. The cc that is in the db would not work. I done a search and found the the new one that does work and verifies site 121. I will submit it to the db

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Got a new control Channel not in the Database (Submitted)

Sitting at the Huddle House at I-20 and I-220 near Louisiana Downs, but have to leave later (Darn Work)
Can Pick up 341,338,323,Shreveport, and 313 Barely

Site 003-041
CC is 769.15625
alt CC is 769.40625 according to Unitrunker
Bossier Parish and LSP heard
Sitting at I-220 and I-20 near Louisiana Downs

here is a dump of neighboring sites to 341 as well, some not in the database

TowerID Frequency Tower Name
196 769.14375 Trailer 96
313 769.94375
323 769.18125 Site 3-23
331 769.19375
336 769.21875
337 769.65625
338 774.84375

I think i know what has happened, some of the NW info in the database showing shreveport and similar sites have been renumbered,

Example 341 is the control channel listed for Shreveport 153 but 153 no longer exists
336 is showing where Plain Dealing 162 did

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I think the renumbering is what happened, all the sites in NW LA are in the 300's - ran Pro96com last night and it confirmed it.

Landman

All of the state police troops appear to be on 700 now. I have been working in North LA and I am hearing Troops E, F, and G all on 700. They were the last of the troops that were still on 800.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, Went across I-20 and had near complete coverage, ID'ing the sites for GPS would be nice but i don't come through there enough, possibly in feb if anyone in North LA wants to try to get together and tackle this

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I'll be taking time off in Bossier in Feb i believe if this hasn't been solved we might have to get together and get it resolved

captainbrown

Premium Subscriber
Iberville Parish & City of Plaquemine

Does anybody have the control channels and the TGID's for Iberville Parish and the City of Plaquemine?
Thanks!

kevins669

Database Admin
Does anybody have the control channels and the TGID's for Iberville Parish and the City of Plaquemine?
Thanks!

See the DB. Everything you will need is there; Iberville Parish has two towers located in the parish, and numerous others are within range.

-- Kevin

kevins669

Database Admin
Site Zone Controller Migrations

As expected, numerous LWIN sites from Zone 1 have been migrated to the 3rd Zone Controller.

DB has updated information.

Not many more sites to go...

-- Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.