Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

Has the two new towers in Bayou Gauche and Hahnville come online yet. I don't see them listed in the db just yet unless that is the sites 212 and 213

kevins669

Database Admin
Has the two new towers in Bayou Gauche and Hahnville come online yet. I don't see them listed in the db just yet unless that is the sites 212 and 213

Not online, per se. They are connected to the network, but they are not in service as of yet.

-- Kevin

teebee

When you say connected are you picking the signal up on the control channel.
Also are the two sites 212 and 213. I have 212 and 213 programed and I am not getting any thing from the cc

kevins669

Database Admin
When you say connected are you picking the signal up on the control channel.
Also are the two sites 212 and 213. I have 212 and 213 programed and I am not getting any thing from the cc

You will not hear anything until they are placed into service, which will be fairly soon.

The actual infrastructure, however, is connected to the system already.

You will notice when they come online if you have them programmed in.

-- Kevin

WooBuff

I noticed some interesting site statistics while analyzing the LWIN system summary for Mardi Gras Day 2010. It looks like the system planners did a good job of allocating resources for what is typically the busiest day of the year.

Site: Pan Am
Average calls per day in Feb: 42,561
Active calls on 2/16: 65,407
Busy calls: 10

Site: North Simulcast
Average calls per day in Feb: 76,264
Active calls on 2/16: 98,831
Busy calls: 0

These are by far the busiest sites in the system.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Newellton tower

The cc for Newellton tower (site 318) is 773.84375. Will provide additional info on this site as it becomes available

SCPD

QRT
Newellton tower freqs.

Site 318

773.84375c

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Kevin.... Luckily I saw the forums before I went to the admin page lol.. Saw you were on so I went over to get some tagging done.. TY Hugh, your a blessing of info.

dsheli

LWIN Question

Hey Guys,
I have been in Jefferson Parish for the last couple of weeks working on various engineering projects. Well I am a member of a vol. fire department back home in South Carolina (and a radio gu-gru) so while I have been down here I have been checking out how various public safety agencies are run. Well I have been most impressed with the LWIN system. In SC we have a old analog Motorola proprietary SmartZone type II system. The system is owned by Motorola and there for a fee based system. Our radios cost anywhere from 15 dollars to 40 dollars per radio ID we have registered per month. I have a few questions, A: is LWIN state owned and maintained system? Are agencies charged a fee by the state for the number of radio ID's they have?
David

kuntrymom

Need Information Please..

I am needing the new 700mhz codes for the Deridder police department & beauregard parish sheriffs office, for my scanner. I can't seem to locate them.. Can any of you please help me find these?
I would surely appreciate it..
Thanks

nx_2000

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to know what agencies are using specific trunking sites? I want to monitor NOPD and Jefferson Parish. I'm womdering if I need frequencies from sites other than Pan Am and New Orleans North Simulcast.

RWR1954

Not hearing Troop F anymore

I have a yagi beam pointed at Columbia Tower, have 5 signal bars showing, but can't them. I can pick up Troop E on Winnfield Tower.Did They change some in the Troop F area?

SOUTH300

Hey Guys,
I have been in Jefferson Parish for the last couple of weeks working on various engineering projects. Well I am a member of a vol. fire department back home in South Carolina (and a radio gu-gru) so while I have been down here I have been checking out how various public safety agencies are run. Well I have been most impressed with the LWIN system. In SC we have a old analog Motorola proprietary SmartZone type II system. The system is owned by Motorola and there for a fee based system. Our radios cost anywhere from 15 dollars to 40 dollars per radio ID we have registered per month. I have a few questions, A: is LWIN state owned and maintained system? Are agencies charged a fee by the state for the number of radio ID's they have?
David

The State paid for the LWIN system. (FEMA also) We (the subscribers) purchase our own radios, and the State maintains the system. There are NO user fees for Public Safety agencies.

Awesome Deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.