Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevins669

Database Admin
Has LWIN crashed? Or gone encrypted without us knowing it? Last night I was trying to listen to them and whenever I lock in on on of the talk group ID''s it would say,"Finding Control Channel"

LWIN channels are being reconfigured to be in line with the regional channel plan. You can check the DB for updated CC's, or you may need to search for the new ones and report them in.

They are changing a number of sites per week, and are just about complete. Advise us of any changes. Sites near you, and just north, are ones that have not been updated, so let us know.

Thanks,

-- Kevin

kevins669

Database Admin
Kevin, is the info on the Data Base of RR?

Well, exactly what do you mean? What site do you monitor mostly? I can let you know if I (or David H.) changed it.

Most of the sites that were brought online prior to the 4th Quarter of 2008 have had the CCs change. Those sites, obviously, were those along the I-10 corridor to the Gulf, and most of the entire SE LA portion of the state.

So, all of the sites in those areas that have changed as of last Sunday were updated by me, and David updated the few that changed during the week last week (in Region 2, out of my listening area).

Let me know if this helps, and if you need some specific info.

-- Kevin

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Plus the three or four I changed that week. So now as far as the three of us know all the current LWIN sites are accurate and up to date. Keep any new submissions flowing in guys, or PM them to Kevin, and help us keep the info correct. TY In advance!

red8

Does anybody have info on Iberville's Talk Groups? I reprogrammed my scanner today and some how i lost them, when i deleted Region 2

Pimpala03

MY local SO (Union) has been issued 700Mhz radios, I'd like to find get them programmed into my scanner so I can get them on the AIR (feed) but have no idea where to start. Can anyone help? The towers listed for Union (Bernice and Marion) have no frequencies listed. I have a BCD396T scanner. Also a PSR-600. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. I've been out of the scanner business toooo long. I have tried Close call and simply searching the 700 band with no luck.

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know the Union Parish site isnt listed yet.. here is the FCC data...
WQJV810
FCC Callsign WQJV810 Details

Search between 769 and 774 MHz for the CC.

If you find activity let us know, and log the CC, alt CC's, etc...

Pimpala03

As far as I know the Union Parish site isnt listed yet..

That's what I figured, but figured I'd ask anyways. I'm the only feed provider for my area and the only person (that I know of) around my area that will have a scanner than can monitor so I guess it's up to me! Just haven't had much luck searching. I will definitely update as I have updated here before and use this for a reference regularly.

Pimpala03

I'm working with a BCD396T. Any particular modes I need to put it on?

Modulation
Attenuator
Data Skip
Step
C-Ch Only
Adjust P25 Level

Those are the options for searching.

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
For the LWIN if its active in Union Parish, remember its P-25... Use the PSR with Pro96Com on it to get all the data.... If you get the time, I would love any info on any Entergy sites near you.. You can use Universal Trunker, or Trunk88 with the PSR to grab that info... Also please reverify all the data for your area,.. tones, usage etc on the conventional stuff.. CT's CC's alt CC's valid TG's on TRS's... We love any new information, especially the kind from the newer scanners with the ability to give so much information! Have fun and TY in advance for any info!

Pimpala03

I have forgotten how to do a ton of this... My main priority right now if to figure out the freqs and talkgroups of the system that my guys are using right now. My time is very limited and this is a pressing thing as I want to get my online feed updated ASAP. They have the radios and I want to be able to monitor them. They have Motorola XTS2500Is. I tinkered with one today and it said "Site 9" and "RSSI 74?". No idea what either mean, though.

If you have time, IM me on Yahoo or Aim and talk me through some of this.

SOUTH300

I have forgotten how to do a ton of this... My main priority right now if to figure out the freqs and talkgroups of the system that my guys are using right now. My time is very limited and this is a pressing thing as I want to get my online feed updated ASAP. They have the radios and I want to be able to monitor them. They have Motorola XTS2500Is. I tinkered with one today and it said "Site 9" and "RSSI 74?". No idea what either mean, though.

If you have time, IM me on Yahoo or Aim and talk me through some of this.

Site 9 is the current site you are monitoring. They usually come up as the site name, but if it was not loaded in the radio you will just see the number. If you hold that button it will scan the sites to find the strongest signal.

RSSI: Recieved Signal Strength Indicator

dale1949

winn parish

Does anyone by chance have the new 700. freq. for winn parish sheriff office ?

second question, can a ham radio that covers the 700 band be used rather than a $600 scanner ?

Thanks in advance for any feed back

Status
Not open for further replies.