Louisville EMA Operations Talkgroups/ Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Does the Louisville Emergency Management Agency have any talkgroups on the Trunked system or conventional frequencies for operations? The FCC database when looking up licenses for the EMA has pages and pages of information, but I haven't found anything on it relating to EMA operations. The list of FCC license are posted here Callsigns for FCC FRN: 0001782671 (Louisville Metro Government EMA/MetroSafe)

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Previous notes show that EMA is operating in Talkgroups ranging from 601-799, I will be traveling to Louisville tomorrow so I will scan MetroSafe and see what I can find.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Thank you I’m came back home for thanksgiving and it crossed my mind I’ve been searching talkgroups on the Metrosafe system over the summer a lot and didn’t find much in that range for the EMA it is mostly correctional facilities or public works

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The MetroSafe radio system falls under the Emergency Management Agency. EMA has/uses encrypted talkgroups I believe, though generally they haven't been a very "talkative" agency in the past. With that said, they can be heard on some of the Fire operations, mutual aid and event talkgroups when there is something of significance going on. They preface their call numbers with "EMA xxx" when on an operations talkgroup.

Most likely if there is something of interest going on, listening to fire, law enforcement, mutual aid or event talkgroups might be a little more informative.

LouisvilleScanMan

Premium Subscriber
The actual EMA talkgroups are all encrypted. I have had a chance to monitor them while serving as radio operator at the Louisville NWS but I've never heard anything on their channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.