Louisville International Airport Airport Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been listening to SDF for awhile now for air traffic but recently I’ve been trying to find the airport operations. The talkgroups on metro safe are silent only the airport police can be heard on it and the Motorola Smartnet system that has talk groups for the airport I can’t receive. And I know that UPS has a 900 MHz DMR system. Does anyone know what the airport authority operate off of?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I’ve been listening to SDF for awhile now for air traffic but recently I’ve been trying to find the airport operations. The talkgroups on metro safe are silent only the airport police can be heard on it and the Motorola Smartnet system that has talk groups for the airport I can’t receive. And I know that UPS has a 900 MHz DMR system. Does anyone know what the airport authority operate off of?
Airport Authority does have a license for DMR use. Check under Jefferson county on the FCC listing.

alky1234

Ø
Feed Provider
I've heard rumors that the airport authority also has there own 900 MHz DMR Trunked system... I've never been able to confirm this though. The Smartnet system is off-line, it used to be the RCS system before they switched DMR. The Airport Authority has 3 main talkgroups on the Metrosafe System, and I've only ever heard activity on the one labeled one radio reference "Airport Police 1"... Note that this talk-group isn't only Airport PD, as the Airport Public Safety act as both Fire and Police so it can be used for both at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.