Louisville Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewyb

Dear Friends,

I just recently bought a new Radio Shack Pro-164 thinking that it would allow me to hear the new metrosafe system. I just finished programming using the recommended software and I'm not hearing a thing. Will this scanner work?

msradell

That scanner will not work with the new Metrosafe system. You will need additional scanner capable of scanning a P25 trunked system! Something like a radio shack 106 or 197, GRE and Uniden also makes several models capable of receiving on this system.

geosan1030

Uniden BC296D

I'm having a similar problem, though, my scanner (Uniden BC296D) is APCO 25 capable. I've got all the Control and Alternate frequencies programmed, but I can't get anything. I'm sure it's some setting on the scanner. I haven't really kept up with the technology changes over the passed decade.
Any help is appreciated.

I'm going to browse the Metrosafe thread and see if there is anything there.

msradell

I believe you need to add an extra card to the BC296D to have the P25 capabilities. Does your scanner have that card?

geosan1030

Yes it does. When I power up, the display shows ""APCO P25 Card installed 9600 bps system". And the card is physically there.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I have a 796D which I believe is the mobile version of the 296D. It has the digital card, but I am unsuccesful at listening to any of the MetroSafe trunked system with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.