Lousiana Reccomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
Heya all,

I'll be traveling down to the Terrebonne Parish area here in a couple weeks, and I was wondering if anyone had reccomendations for what to scan.

I know the database exists. I wanted to know who's generally more active/exciting to listen to down there.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
State Police is clear (unless down south has changed recently). It's handy to monitor them on the interstates. In general, the further south you go, the more Enc you will find.

bigjosh70363

Heya all,

I'll be traveling down to the Terrebonne Parish area here in a couple weeks, and I was wondering if anyone had reccomendations for what to scan.

I know the database exists. I wanted to know who's generally more active/exciting to listen to down there.
is
depends what scanner you are using you may hear terrebonne parish sheriff dispatch maybe hear a unit every now&then

jim202

Check the LA. state LWIN listing here on this site for the 700 trunking system talkgroup numbers.

Bear in mind that the law groups will probably all be encrypted. The LA. State Police are still in the clear for most talkgroups. They are listed by the troop they are out of. Not sure which one covers the Terrebonne Parish area. It may be the Troop L, but not sure.

Acadian Ambulance has state wide coverage in the region they support including the air med choppers. Their talkgroups are fairly busy.

Same for many of the fire departments that are on the LWIN system.

Forgot to add if your looking for ham repeater frequencies, go to the Repeaterbook.com site and then select the state to get the current listings. You do have to log on and then select the ham band your interested in.

TACOBLUE

BountyHunter
Premium Subscriber
State Police is clear (unless down south has changed recently). It's handy to monitor them on the interstates. In general, the further south you go, the more Enc you will find.
Trooper use and jump from any tower like troop I,& troop D i even here them from Villeplate la to north la on i-20 talking

Status
Not open for further replies.