love and marriage between 996p2 and 325p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmi8dy

is it possible to clone the bcd996p2 into the bcd325p2? both have the dmr upgrade, and the 996p2 has 73 systems installed, including vhf / uhf conventional, dmr, p25, and edacs. the 325p2 is brand new and completly empty. i have that special cord with the large plug with the 20 or so or less pins inside that came with the bcd996p2. thanks for all info.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Download the programming into FreeScan and send it to the other scanner.
I don't think that would work, at least for the DMR systems the OP mentioned. I tried to download my 325P2 into FreeSCAN a couple of weeks ago, and FreeSCAN errors out on the DMR's, then finally gives up & imports them as Motorola Type II.

I suspect this could be done, though, with ProScan. For a wired clone, you'd need a double male ended USB mini-cable.

kmi8dy

i tried that with freescan, no go. i could download everything else if i locked out the dmr stuff while in freescan. you can download everthing to freescan but then you have to lock out the dmr stuff then continue with downloading to the 325p2. i thought that the other cable had something to do with cloneing, im not sure though. the other cabel has a 3/4 inch long rectangle plug with nine pins inside, and the mini usb plug on the other end.

Last edited:

kmi8dy

i think we already know that. in fact i sent the guy a email to ask if he intends to add dmr to freescan. got a reply about 4 to 5 weeks later, and all if was is a bunch of mumbo jumbo. i would not look forward to it for a while, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.