Love the radio Id however noticed a glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
What's going on with the display???, When I get a transmission from my local mot II system I see "RadioID: xxxx" but when I receive from my favorite Mot UHF/VHF with apco 25 I see a new display with simply the five digit id justified on the bottom line of the display? Interestingly enough the same five digit code shows up no matter which tgid transmits? Then to make things more complicated it seems that some users of the Mot II system have better radios or something because their Id's also show up as just a five digit code centered on the bottom line? What I'm describing is a display issue, sometimes I get "Radio ID" and sometimes I don't? Or, am I seeing something else? Is it possible the 500 is displaying something else before it gets the correct code for the radio Id? Or maybe I selected a new display feature without really knowing what it was? Somebody has to have figured this out?

I guess if it was easy everybody would be doing it right?

In case you want to know what systems..
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=669
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3265

Thanks in advance if anyone has any insight to this.

seamusg

What's going on with the display???, When I get a transmission from my local mot II system I see "RadioID: xxxx" but when I receive from my favorite Mot UHF/VHF with apco 25 I see a new display with simply the five digit id justified on the bottom line of the display? Interestingly enough the same five digit code shows up no matter which tgid transmits? Then to make things more complicated it seems that some users of the Mot II system have better radios or something because their Id's also show up as just a five digit code centered on the bottom line? What I'm describing is a display issue, sometimes I get "Radio ID" and sometimes I don't? Or, am I seeing something else? Is it possible the 500 is displaying something else before it gets the correct code for the radio Id? Or maybe I selected a new display feature without really knowing what it was? Somebody has to have figured this out?

I guess if it was easy everybody would be doing it right?

In case you want to know what systems..
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=669
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3265

Thanks in advance if anyone has any insight to this.
Both the systems in your links are Mot II systems, neither is a P25 system.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
On the Nuke UHF system, did you program these tables?
Code:
LoCh    HiCh    Offset  Base            Step
380	709	380	406.100000	12.500
710	759	710	410.500000	25.000

seamusg

You are correct both are Mot II however the NNSA has apco 25 voice.
A mixed mode system like NNSA has a 3600bps CC while a P25 system has a 9600bps CC. The voice type has nothing to do with the system type. The control channel data is different on a P25 and a Mot II system. On some of the newer scanners it makes a difference in which one you set it for.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Updated tables

I have updated the tables because I didn't have the second line loaded, now things have changed a little, I now see Radio ID sometimes and sometimes a new five digit is showing up. The old one was 00636 and the new one is 00712.

seamusg

I have updated the tables because I didn't have the second line loaded, now things have changed a little, I now see Radio ID sometimes and sometimes a new five digit is showing up. The old one was 00636 and the new one is 00712.
Do you have the system set as Mot UHF or P25? It should not be P25.

DonS

Sounds like you have the "Trunking Ch#" item turned on in the FUNC+GLOB menu.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
There it is

That's what it was thanks Don. So all I'm seeing is the trunking channel? Ok so long as not to confuse for Radio ID. I should only trust the radio ID info for actual radio id's correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.