Loveland, CO FD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Anybody that lives in Loveland or is familiar with the area. The old FD station #2 is now an ambulance bay (for lack of a better word) and they always had that tower there with the half-wave folded? dipole antenna. What does this tower serve?

JnA557U.jpg

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Fire Station #2 open in Oct. 2014. Here is the location--3 acres of Ray Mehaffey's farmland near 29th Street and Wilson Avenue is the new site of Fire Station 2.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Anybody that lives in Loveland or is familiar with the area. The old FD station #2 is now an ambulance bay (for lack of a better word) and they always had that tower there with the half-wave folded? dipole antenna. What does this tower serve?

The tower used to be part of the analog VHF system used by Loveland Fire & Rescue Department, Loveland Rural Fire Protection District, and Thompson Valley EMS however long ago that was. From the looks of it, they operated a simplex communications system with each station having its own base station. It appears that the tower is no longer used as they have either cancelled the licenses or removed the location from their licenses by 2013.

The related FCC licenses were KVZ740, KNGD726, and KNIK333.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
The tower used to be part of the analog VHF system used by Loveland Fire & Rescue Department, Loveland Rural Fire Protection District, and Thompson Valley EMS however long ago that was. From the looks of it, they operated a simplex communications system with each station having its own base station. It appears that the tower is no longer used as they have either cancelled the licenses or removed the location from their licenses by 2013.

The related FCC licenses were KVZ740, KNGD726, and KNIK333.

Thanks. I'm confused as KVZ740 says expiration 06/10/2023. Actually, that's the PD headquarters location.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Thanks. I'm confused as KVZ740 says expiration 06/10/2023. Actually, that's the PD headquarters location.

It appears to still be used by Loveland & Berthoud for fire dispatching and is patched to DTRS according to the database. It is possible that they still operate a few analog voice pagers and maybe even radios for their volunteers. They modified and renewed their license between 2012 and 2013 to add the new PD location and removed all the old fire station locations.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
154.010 is still active with tone only paging no voice.

The only voice activity I have heard in recent times has been patched to "Talkgroup 5" for coordination with VHF only fire agencies to the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.