Loveland Hazmat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycle687

Anyone catch what actually happened with a Loveland Hazmat call in the area of crossroads blvd? The call seemed to be dispatched to responding units by landline and dispatch was avoiding radio use.
I heard traffic on TG 7&8 but all of the landline privacy made me curious.

Last edited:

Troop

cycle687 said:
Anyone catch what actually happened with a Loveland Hazmat call in the area of crossroads blvd? The call seemed to be dispatched to responding units by landline and dispatch was avoiding radio use.
I heard traffic on TG 7&8 but all of the landline privacy made me curious.

dont know what was going on exactly but I do know that sometimes things with fuses dont like RF energy

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Troop is right; if the call involved anything that might detonate, radio silence when approaching the scene is standard procedure. You might see signs warning to shut off 2-way radios, cellphones, etc. when you approach a road construction area where blasting is involved. Perhaps something like this was involved in this incident.

cycle687

That makes sense. However, I would at least expect to hear the call dispatched over the radio. LPD bomb squad was called but was released soon after arrival. The incident didn't sound too bad at the end ( from what I could hear)

rickak

It's been my experience that those loveland fire talkgroups 7 and 8 are only used for training (assuming that is what you mean by refering to TG 7&8 above).

Rick

cycle687

That has been my experience as well with TG's 7 and 8. It might have been a VERY realistic training exercise then.

Status
Not open for further replies.