Loveland PD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Correct. I head events on 6. I have no idea to this day what 4 was for. And the $64,000 question is why they chose channel 3 for data when it should be channel 2 and all chit chat and emergency traffic or what ever on 3.

Insulator

Maybe somebody should call into the R-H Line and put a bug in their ear. They may already know it but at least the civilians of Loveland will know they lost their transparency and trust between the department and themselves.

poltergeisty

Banned
Maybe somebody should call into the R-H Line and put a bug in their ear. They may already know it but at least the civilians of Loveland will know they lost their transparency and trust between the department and themselves.

I've had a few of my comments in the R-H line published, but others were not. So don't expect them to publish it. Even if I contribute to the open forum there.

Insulator

Good luck if you do put anything in. I had all of mine published. Although in the end it didn't make one bit of difference, it let them know what I thought here in Longmont. I also had some people who knew me congratulate me that had stood up and voiced my opion.

poltergeisty

Banned
I called in to have my comment published about how Loveland never updated their FCC license for AM 1610 in like four years and it was never published. You have to wonder why?

I'm debating whether I should contribute to the open forum or the R-H Line about this encryption BS.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
I usually have Loveland Police Dispatch avoided since I thought they were encrypted. But this afternoon, on my other scanner, it was alive and I was hearing several transmissions. Weird.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Folks will probably accidentally transmit in the clear until they remove their transitional programming in their next round of radio reprogramming.

poltergeisty

Banned
The department had been considering making the move for a number of years, Burreson said. It upgraded to a new radio system in October, which provided an impetus.

Ah, what now? Phase II P25 or...?

Colorado has been digital since circa 2002.

but Fort Collins Police Services encrypted its scanner in 2013.

Potato? And no! They went encrypted long before 2013. It was more like 2008 or thereabouts I'm sure of it.

More potato?

The article fails to mention that LPD, Fort Collins and Estes park are all using ADP. LOL! You really think that com traffic is that secure? Really?

lame excuses for going dark.

The "impetus" is always officer safety.

Insulator

More b.s. last I heard Greeley primary dispatch was still in the clear, and civilians that don't know are still buying into this.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Greeley 1, 2 and clearance groups are in the clear. All their TAC groups flipped a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.