Loveland ski area tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warbirdhunter

Can anyone give me a quick idea about who uses that tower? And has anyone ever got in in the Denver metro area? Many places have a line of site to Loveland pass, does that help?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone give me a quick idea about who uses that tower? And has anyone ever got in in the Denver metro area? Many places have a line of site to Loveland pass, does that help?

Assuming you mean the Loveland DTRS site? If so it's right along I-70 just East of the Tunnel and provides mainly CSP and DOW coverage for an area that is shadowed by Squaw in that area. Not very busy and limited range, can't even get the CC in Georgetown. Squaw on the otherhand can be logged in most parts of the metro area.

Jim<

Warbirdhunter

Assuming you mean the Loveland DTRS site? If so it's right along I-70 just East of the Tunnel and provides mainly CSP and DOW coverage for an area that is shadowed by Squaw in that area. Not very busy and limited range, can't even get the CC in Georgetown. Squaw on the otherhand can be logged in most parts of the metro area.

Jim<

Yes sir Jim. Sorry I'll look get the right name next time from the DB. Oh so that tower just covers that area by the tunnel that used to be so bad. Thanks for taking time to answer Jim.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
From what I can tell by the license (and removing the antenna on my scanner while driving through there) the site is actually down very near the Loveland Ski Area base area in a building just on the south side of the interstate. As I recall, there are a bunch of cell sites in that general vicinity as well. It's definitely not up on the divide-

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
It's near the CDOT shack just as you exit the tunnel Eastbound.

Jim<

tbiggums

Since it's right near the tunnel entrance, it provides quite a bit of coverage inside the tunnel. I could easily hear it on my PRO-197 about halfway through, and soon after that the Lake Hill site on the Summit County side starts coming in.

Warbirdhunter

It's near the CDOT shack just as you exit the tunnel Eastbound.

Jim<

Jim sir, do you mean that little "Hut" that someone sits in on the left as you exit the tunnel? Or down to the right in the Loveland ski area basin? Forgive me sir. I thought DTRS towers had to be really tall? I don't know much about radio waves or signals, if it's a dumb question you don't need to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.