• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Lovin' My New G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Hey all. Just wanted to say I am lovin the heck out of my Unication P4! I live equadistance between two P25 towers and suffer greatly with simulcast issues. With my BCD996P2 and BCD436HP I would say that I completely missed 25% of the traffic and 25% of the traffic I got had distortion. (I tried all of the "tricks" to help, for months). Well, I got my G4 on Monday, and it is amazing! Yes, there are features it could have - but the reception is ROCK solid! Thanks to everyone on this forum who turned me on to this radio! Now I need to sell my BCD996P2 before my wife kills me!

Bruce
Dayton, OH

PS - I'm another Ray's Pager Sales happy customer!

Last edited:

ecarvalho

lol sell them fast! happy for you bruce!
btw, i suspect you meant to say "G4", right?

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I live equadistance between two P25 towers and suffer greatly with simulcast issues.
My G4 performs flawlessly on MARCS-IP and GCRCN; just got mine in June. I suspected, but never really appreciated, all the traffic I was completely missing until I ran it side-by-side with my BC396XT. And ditto for Ray's Pager sales!

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I've used my UHF 7/800 G5 on P25 trunked systems from south FL all the way up I-95 to NY. Great reception, No LSM and on the large Statewide systems like GA SEGARRN, NC VIPER, MD FIRST etc it switches sites flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KM4WLV

I too am a very happy customer of Rays Pager Sales!

I serve as Chief with my agency & unless I'm out of town, out of range, or asleep, I'm normally monitoring the radio. I have 2 XTS5000's (800) issued to me & when I go out to eat, in meetings, or just out and about I've normally always got my radio on me. I love the size of the G5. Now when I go out to eat or whatever & still want to be able to monitor I can without having to carry a brick LOL.

Motorola better step it up if they're going to try to stay in the pager business. The G5 puts the Minitor 6 to shame. Yes, the Minitor 6 is a bit smaller but for the features the G5 packs I can deal with something a little bigger. I really think Unication has struck oil & gold at the same time with the G4 & 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.