LOVING my Pro-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Now that I finally got a digital scanner I have to say I really have been missing out on a TON of Bay Area comms!!

From a hotel in Oyster Point CA, EBRCS comes in PERFECT on this scanner. San Mateo is fantastic.

Since I currently have so much to listen to with this scanner, I no longer have ANY need to reconsider the REMOTE possibility that I might get a 436HP or 536HP - there's simply no need to spend the money.

Now I can happily sit back and wait until the new Whistlers come out, and watch the sparks fly as the early adopters work through the inevitable kinks.

Still, I know that a Phase II scanner is in my future, just that right now I have an elegant, cost-effective Phase I solution to tide me over.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
That's great OP. I just picked up a 396XT at a great price a few months ago. I'm loving it! I'm picking up all kinds of stuff I've been missing out on as well.

No need to spend the extra $$$$ right now like you said.

SquierStrat

We're you able to get one of those sweet overstock.com deals? I thought I did pretty good a few days ago, when I bought a 396t from the classifieds section on this site for $131 shipped!

K1TSL

I just ordered one and since I already have the non-digital version, I'm pretty familiar with the functions. I don't have a ton of digital out here on Cape Cod but there are several areas I travel to outside the area that have started to make the switch.
I looked at the Uniden 436/536 series but for the casual listening I do now, I really can't justify the price. Maybe some day!

fasteddy64

I just scored one from Overstock this morning. There were only three left when I ordered so I was polite and only took one.
They are gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.