Low Band Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

6 meters has been open the last couple of days to different parts of the country. Problem with 6 meters is that not that many people listening to it these days. The band opens up, but no one there to hear it.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I am hearing several fire agencies in Barnstable County, Massachusetts booming in loud and clear on 33.46 and 33.58 MHz. Likewise, I am hearing one fire department on 46.12 MHz, with a PL tone of 100.0 Hz, but I have no idea where there located at.

73's

Ron

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Just heard a fire department tone out on 46.46 MHz, with a "Signal 23" CO detector going off at 66 or 67 Church Street. Sounded like Northport or Freeport FD. Meanwhile, another fire tone out on 33.96 MHz, with an unusual PL tone of 165.5 Hz.

73's

Ron

chaser915

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I am hearing law enforcement loud and clear on 42.14. Haven't been able to I-D the location yet.
No real accent that I can pick up on. I did hear them do a time check just now and they are an hour behind us (eastern). At first, I was excited because I thought I was finally hearing NYS Troopers on 42.14. But not the case. I'll try to get a location of where this signal originates from.
I am about 30 miles west of Albany NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.