Low Price on Amazon New @ $281

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI6VX

Received mine today, upgraded my RadioReference account and programmed it using Freescan for my county. Looks like I need to upgrade from the included antenna - not a lot of activity and what I do get has hiss.

mibzzer15

Amazon ****ed me....they kept delaying the order...finally canceling it. So pissed...I ordered a new one but now its out of stock, so itll be an extra 1-2 days delay in addition to overnight shipping (free because of issue). They also gave me 1 month free amazon prime and $5 credit. So I *should* be seeing it on Tuesday.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Amazon ****ed me....they kept delaying the order...finally canceling it. So pissed...I ordered a new one but now its out of stock, so itll be an extra 1-2 days delay in addition to overnight shipping (free because of issue). They also gave me 1 month free amazon prime and $5 credit. So I *should* be seeing it on Tuesday.

I thought it was already out for delivery on Thursday and you were waiting for it that night? So they canceled the order after it was already shipped? Or is this a different order?

I ordered a BCD436HP from Amazon which should be arriving Monday and I'm crossing my fingers I don't get a screwup.

mibzzer15

I thought it was already out for delivery on Thursday and you were waiting for it that night? So they canceled the order after it was already shipped? Or is this a different order?

I ordered a BCD436HP from Amazon which should be arriving Monday and I'm crossing my fingers I don't get a screwup.

I was waiting for it to arrive on Thursday because of same-day delivery. They shipped it, said it would be delivered before 9pm. 9pm rolls around and nothing, tracker says its delayed. Ok no problem, I get on with their chat support and they said it arrived at wrong carrier facility and they will have it out to me first thing in the morning...Ok no problem...Next day rolls around, nothing in the morning, nothing later by 6pm last night. Again on chat support asking whats going on, they said it will be there before 9pm, its 30 minutes away right now. Ok no problem...just have to wait a bit longer. I wait till 8pm and get an email saying that package was undeliverable and I'll be getting a refund. So now I am like WTF? I get on support again, they said to purchase it again, they give me free overnight shipping, and put an internal note that it is priority or something like that. But now that the scanner is out of stock, according to the webpage, it'll take an extra 1-2 days to ship, in addition to the overnight shipping. (Now that I look at the page again it says 1-2 months for shipping so F that.) If that is what happens I'll be purchasing from Walmart then.

So yeah, they ended up cancelling the order after it was shipped (carrier was amazon themselves so they can easily do that).

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Ah I see... ugh, what a pain. I forgot that the same day shipping used Amazon as its own carrier.

Got it!

I wonder if this is an April Fools joke - I clicked on it and it says "Usually Ships within 1 or 2 months"!

I ordered it from Ama zon Thursday night and received it this morning! (Saturday)

Looks like a twin brother to my 396Xt.

Even came with a paper manual!

Works great!

Nasby

Amazon totally sucks!!
Its a flip of the coin if you actually get what you ordered and don't get scammed by a "newly launched" seller.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber

everyone gets a month free of amazon prime. i paid for it as i love that service. makes you buy more stuff though as everything comes in two days as long as you see the prime logo. $5 credit works.

AI6VX

Walmart deal is over - They're listing it at over $500 from a 3rd party.

Meanwhile I had my newly received unit programmed and outside with me while I worked on my car for 6 hours. Better reception outside the house. Had to change the batteries after about 3 hours but these were my own rechargeables while I had the stock batteries on my charger.

Excuse the wrong lingo - I need to learn how to set up scan banks so that when I travel between towns I can switch back and forth. Also need to learn how to use the 'close call' feature - it'll save me from having to carry a freq. counter around.

mibzzer15

everyone gets a month free of amazon prime. i paid for it as i love that service. makes you buy more stuff though as everything comes in two days as long as you see the prime logo. $5 credit works.

I should have mentioned I already pay for prime, so I just get another month free.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Amazon totally sucks!!
Its a flip of the coin if you actually get what you ordered and don't get scammed by a "newly launched" seller.

If you buy items with prime shipping, you are buying from amazon direct and not 3rd-party sellers. if you buy from a 3rd-party, the same rule as ebay applies, check the seller first. Scammers are everywhere.

kmi8dy

i hope all of you guys read the words very closley. they do not have any in stock. they will be getting them in at the last of the month, late, late april. they have your money but it will be over three weeks before it even ships !!!!!!!!!!!!

mibzzer15

i hope all of you guys read the words very closley. they do not have any in stock. they will be getting them in at the last of the month, late, late april. they have your money but it will be over three weeks before it even ships !!!!!!!!!!!!

That just started yesterday. On Thursday when this deal was posted, they had many actually in stock, and as people said earlier in this post, they ordered it Thursday and already received them. On Friday they changed it and said there was like 13 left, then later that day there was 4 left, and then soon out of stock that night. Once they went out of stock it changed to shipping in 1-2 days, then finally yesterday it changed to shipping in 1-2 months. I just checked it now and it is back in stock, but not at $281, and its sold by E&B Electronics and fulfilled by Amazon (with prime too).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Also, take care to vet the seller, even on Amazon. There is currently a fraudulent seller (BullockDA) showing a $225 price for a new unit.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Something similar happened with an item my daughter purchased recently, the seller created the shipping label and then dropped off the Amazon Marketplace. Filed a claim with Amazon and they covered it under their "A to Z safe buying guarantee". I find that Amazon does a pretty good job of making things right when things go wrong, even with the 3rd party sellers.

mibzzer15

Also, take care to vet the seller, even on Amazon. There is currently a fraudulent seller (BullockDA) showing a $225 price for a new unit.

I double and triple checked who I ordered it from and it says sold by amazon.com llc. So its not a 3rd party or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.