Low Price on Amazon New @ $281

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD6HRI

That is an excellent price! Make sure that you get a few more Enloop PRO batteries with the savings because I hear that the scanner's battery life is not as good as other portables. Regardless the.....fact what a great deal for anyone's first phase I&2 digital scanner!

AI6VX

Pardon the newbie question, are portables as sensitive as a desktop version?
I'm getting back into the hobby (still have my pro-2004, pro-2026, BC205xlt) and wonder if this portable should be my first modern scanner. Certainly the price is good.

What are the downsides to getting this vs a desktop unit?

rs16

Premium Subscriber
Pardon the newbie question, are portables as sensitive as a desktop version?
I'm getting back into the hobby (still have my pro-2004, pro-2026, BC205xlt) and wonder if this portable should be my first modern scanner. Certainly the price is good.

What are the downsides to getting this vs a desktop unit?

I was wondering the same thing: is there any difference in sensitivity/reception between the 996P2 and the 325P2?

Any downsides to the 325 vs 996?

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
For anyone keeping an eye out for a deal on the BCD325P2, units that are sold & shipped by Amazon dropped to $281.92 this morning.

If you are in the US you might qualify for free shipping as well.

At this price it is over $100 less than most retailers.

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-BCD32...=UTF8&qid=1490884204&sr=8-1&keywords=bcd325p2

Thanks so much for the 'heads up'. I just took full advantage of the great price! Hopefully soon we will see the 996P2 at the same price!

mibzzer15

Thank you! Bought one this morning before anyone had commented here...still waiting for it to arrive today, amazon says should be here before 9pm and its 7:30 =D

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! Bought one this morning before anyone had commented here...still waiting for it to arrive today, amazon says should be here before 9pm and its 7:30 =D

did u get one day shipping? i have amazon prime and it is free two day as long as it is a prime item.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering the same thing: is there any difference in sensitivity/reception between the 996P2 and the 325P2?

I have both and find that the 325P2 is more sensitive in most bands. I also feel that it does better with P25 as where is stays locked on to a channel. Also the 325P2 receives better than the 436HP in Air, VHF and UHF bands

I love the display of the 325P2 . It's very easy to read with a quick glance and has a clean layout .

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are looking for a particular Amazon item, there are several websites that you can set up a preset price point that will trigger an automated email.
I got an email this morning at 04:25 that the 325P2 price had been lowered below my $300 threshold.
The one I use is www.thetracktor.com but there others.

chris

rescue69

I agree it's a great deal however, I think I will pass friend recently ordered a scanner on Amazon and got a repacked used radio. He got his money back and bought it from another company. If the deal seems to be good to be true usually is will get it from scanner master and know that I am getting a new one not used or refurbished.

AI6VX

I have both and find that the 325P2 is more sensitive in most bands. I also feel that it does better with P25 as where is stays locked on to a channel. Also the 325P2 receives better than the 436HP in Air, VHF and UHF bands

I love the display of the 325P2 . It's very easy to read with a quick glance and has a clean layout .
Thank you for the reply. Can you confirm it does NOT come with DMR capability without a fee? I saw that Uniden came out with it last year for this model but is the fee just for people that already bought it but new ones already have it?

(Wondering if I should have bought 'new' vs Amazon Warehouse deals)

mibzzer15

did u get one day shipping? i have amazon prime and it is free two day as long as it is a prime item.

Yeah I got free same-day shipping....Although its 8:15 and still nothing shown up yet, tracking status shows out for delivery so we will see within the next 45 minutes. I purchased it with like 1 or 2 hours to spare before same-day shipping wasn't available.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.