Low profile antenna help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am switching vehicles and I need a new antenna for my new truck. My old ond had a Comtelco A1511A antenna. I am looking for a low profile set up. I am probably getting a Kenwood VHF two way for this. Can I get help on what would be the best antenna to get. I am only farmiliar with Comtelco and I was looking at these.

Low Profile Antennas - Comtelco

SCPD

QRT
quarter wave

I am switching vehicles and I need a new antenna for my new truck. My old ond had a Comtelco A1511A antenna. I am looking for a low profile set up. I am probably getting a Kenwood VHF two way for this. Can I get help on what would be the best antenna to get. I am only farmiliar with Comtelco and I was looking at these.

Not many people who have actually bought a low profile antenna for VHF like it.
If by low profile, you mean incognito, put a quarter wave on the truck and paint it white. No one notices a white antenna, believe it or not. And you'll have much better range than a 4" high antenna.

Just like a tower in the backyard, paint it white and nobody notices it. It sounds weird, but it really works.

Thanks for the help. I do greatly suggest comtelco's quarter waves, hense my last one was a A1511A. I am looking to get an A1511B (black) one for my maroon and black truck so it'll match and blend in. My only problem is my mast size, last one came at 3 and 7/8" mast and I wanted to pick up 155.295 for instance. It picked up more like 483.1625 (Boston) from a state away. What size should I order for the 155.295?

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
A1132b

A1132B is a dual band model, but I use it for single band as well, because it has such great vhf bandwidth (140-170).
Great antenna, I own two of them. (both in single band and dual band usage)

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.