Low signal antenna for PRO 2055 Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyj77

I need a low signal antenna for my pro 2055 the stock retractable antenna is to good. I am trying to decode pocsag on a simulcast fire paging system and I happen to be in the middle of the towers which is messing up my PDW due to the signal being to good.

I need an antenna recommendation that will dumb down the signal and not pick up all the towers.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

n0nhp

It can be as simple as taking the antenna clear off of the scanner. If that is not enough signal, try a paper clip. Antennas don't have to look like antennas!. If there is too much signal with the antenna removed short your paper clip to the chassis.
Being a professional radio tech I have a number of attenuators so I could cut the signal to what I needed but unless you are willing to spend the dollars, the cheap and dirty will usually suffice. (In fact I would probably try the cheap and dirty first rather than try to build the test jig)

Bruce

smittyj77

Removing the antenna didn't work, but I'm not sure if that was because the signal was still to strong, which I doubt. I put a paperclip in the antenna port but still nothing, so I guess I'll start playing with some stuff, will shorting the paperclip to the chassis give me more signal or less?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

smittyj77

Took a break from this for a while,but now I'm back at trying to get it to work. The issue is this paging system is a simulcast system so when the software starts to decode the signal it gets walked on by the next tower because I am to close to to many towers. I need to dumb the signal down, I've tried removing the antenna, tried a paperclip, tried retracting the antenna all the way but so far none have seemed to work, I know it's not my scanner or pc because I can decode other pocsag frequencies without any issue all day long. So I need someone's help with an antenna that's gonna work

Status
Not open for further replies.