Low to no signal in PDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbit108

When I was hunting for more POCSAG signals with SDRsharp, my Windows 10 computer locked up. I had to do a forced shutdown and then it wouldn't restart. It took me 4 attempts to do a restore to an earlier date; seems to be OK now.

So I switched to my SDRplay RSP1A SDR with SDRuno software. My signal is also weak and the high noise level on VHF reduces the SNR of the signal.

2-11-2021 test4_1.jpg

I also found some on UHF:

2-11-2021 test11_1.jpg

2-11-2021 test12_1.jpg

2-11-2021 test17_1.jpg

Last edited:

Er1kz

When I was hunting for more POCSAG signals with SDRsharp, my Windows 10 computer locked up. I had to do a forced shutdown and then it wouldn't restart. It took me 4 attempts to do a restore to an earlier date; seems to be OK now.

So I switched to my SDRplay RSP1A SDR with SDRuno software. My signal is also weak and the high noise level on VHF reduces the SNR of the signal.

View attachment 98809

I also found some on UHF:

View attachment 98810

View attachment 98811

View attachment 98814
Oh damn. That's really weird.

do you think that 45db was the best?

rabbit108

Oh damn. That's really weird.
Yeah, I couldn't use my computer until I fixed it. It happened when I stopped the signal in the SDRsharp software and then tried to turn it on again.
do you think that 45db was the best?
My guess is yes, but you don't show the signal in the spectrum scan during a transmission, just the signal in the waterfall after the transmission.

I try to show the signal in the spectrum analyzer scan during a transmission AND the signal in the waterfall below it. That's when my computer got locked up from ON and OFF switching with the Play/Stop button. At this point, I don't want to do that again with the SDRsharp software. I might not be able to fix my computer again.

Use whatever gain setting gives you the best POCSAG software output.

Status
Not open for further replies.