Low VHF recordings and help with UNID signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpaul71

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

if anyone is interested, I have uploaded several recordings from low VHF for November 14th - 15th. The second day particularly saw great reception here with a transatlantic MUF of at least 48 mhz.

They can be found here - November 14th -15th 2011 - Folder Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

I'd be especially grateful if anyone can help identify the US police transmissions recorded on 39.18 mhz - two files - I think they might be Pennsylvania, but not sure which area. PL tone used was 136.5hz.

Also in this folder is a Spanish language UNID from 34.04 - two files, and a Russian UNID from 36.575 mhz.

There is also UNID US military from 40.7 and 40.95.

Any help with the UNID's would be most gratefully received.

regards and good dx / listening to all!

Paul Logan,
Lisnaskea, N. Ireland

KKQ590

PM me i can email you a big list of range control freqs conus.
Hi all,

if anyone is interested, I have uploaded several recordings from low VHF for November 14th - 15th. The second day particularly saw great reception here with a transatlantic MUF of at least 48 mhz.

They can be found here - November 14th -15th 2011 - Folder Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

I'd be especially grateful if anyone can help identify the US police transmissions recorded on 39.18 mhz - two files - I think they might be Pennsylvania, but not sure which area. PL tone used was 136.5hz.

Also in this folder is a Spanish language UNID from 34.04 - two files, and a Russian UNID from 36.575 mhz.

There is also UNID US military from 40.7 and 40.95.

Any help with the UNID's would be most gratefully received.

regards and good dx / listening to all!

Paul Logan,
Lisnaskea, N. Ireland

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber

Great recordings Paul!

Per the database this one may be 39.18 Search Results

If you know the freq and PL, you can use the "Search Again" boxes on the page I posted above. If it's in the database, it will show up there.
If you are searching from scratch, you can use this page Scroll down to "Frequency Search by State". Where it says "Select State(s) to search" scroll all the way to the bottom and you can select "Entire Database". It takes a little while to search just a frequency, but if you also enter the PL it goes much faster.

Good luck!

Mike

Last edited:

misterpaul71

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike,

many thanks for this - don't know how I missed the listing for Washington County on the reception day. Looks like a match - the references to PSP must indicate that the suspect had just crossed over from PA. I had this pursuit for ages that day at good levels - a helicopter was also involved at one point.
Glad you and B Chief enjoyed the clips - when I edit the tonnes that I have from various days I will post the link here. Thanks again for the heads up about Washington Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.