Low volume on feed / High volume locally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm experiencing an issue I've never seen before, hoping someone can provide some feedback.

I have volume levels set around -20 dB (on weather broadcast) on my feed locally, but when listening online both on web browser and by mobile, the feed is 1/4 of the actual volume. I'm using RadioFeed but I have tried Proscan also and I have tried other inputs including a USB sound card. All produce the same result. Boost/Gain does not make the feed any louder, just makes the audio clip and distort.

Basically what levels are being produced locally are not what is being broadcast on the other end. Any suggestions?

I've checked, rechecked and triple checked all volume knobs, sliders, buttons and switches...... nothing makes sense.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm experiencing an issue I've never seen before, hoping someone can provide some feedback.

I have volume levels set around -20 dB (on weather broadcast) on my feed locally, but when listening online both on web browser and by mobile, the feed is 1/4 of the actual volume. I'm using RadioFeed but I have tried Proscan also and I have tried other inputs including a USB sound card. All produce the same result. Boost/Gain does not make the feed any louder, just makes the audio clip and distort.

Basically what levels are being produced locally are not what is being broadcast on the other end. Any suggestions?

I've checked, rechecked and triple checked all volume knobs, sliders, buttons and switches...... nothing makes sense.
I was going to ask if the volume control is up on the media player but it looks like you tried "web server and mobile" so I take it using two different media players. When you say "feed locally" Is that using the loopback or using a web browser and media player?

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I was going to ask if the volume control is up on the media player but it looks like you tried "web server and mobile" so I take it using two different media players. When you say "feed locally" Is that using the loopback or using a web browser and media player?

By locally I mean using the "listen to this device" in the audio device properties plus I also did a recording with audacity.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
By locally I mean using the "listen to this device" in the audio device properties plus I also did a recording with audacity.
In that case, check the ProScan Audio Control - Web Server tab and ensure the volume is up 100% on the used input and 0% on the unused input.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
In that case, check the ProScan Audio Control - Web Server tab and ensure the volume is up 100% on the used input and 0% on the unused input.

Yes, the volume slider is at the max (0 dB).

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I've figured it out. Swapped audio cables and I thought that fixed it......

But pulling the audio cable out of the scanner just ever so slightly and full audio level came through... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.