Lowband in Wyoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Are there any active agency's in Wyoming that still use lowbad? I believe WyDOT has some still licensed (recently renewed) to them, but no idea of actually in use.

swm77662

low band

Yes Sweetwater co school district transportation uses 47.58Mhz.
And the state still maintains and uses it's analog system as a back up to Wyolink.
Our state radios are programmed with Wyolink and analog freqs.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Yes Sweetwater co school district transportation uses 47.58Mhz.
And the state still maintains and uses it's analog system as a back up to Wyolink.
Our state radios are programmed with Wyolink and analog freqs.

Thanks! I'd,somewhat, forgotten about the assorted schools and other systems still using lowband because of `coverage issues'. (Not to mention the "If it still works why spend more money than one has to when the money could be used for other things that are currently needed more." `outlook' that a lot of systems/agencies have to work within.[I was born and raised/spent 30yrs+ of my life in Wyo and *if* we could we'd more back so quick it'd make one's head spin. Unfortunately we inherited a nice little farm here in CO and we've become quite attached, sometimes it seems to be by the wrist and ankles, to it. {WAN GRIN!} Maybe by the time our children *finally* ever decide to leave and we find someone who will actually pay us enough for this place we'll leave and relocate back to WYO. But, the way things are currently looking that is pretty much `up in the air' so to speak. {GRIMACE!}])

Status
Not open for further replies.