Lowell MA Police Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Is this the only frequency you're having an issue with? What other channels are you monitoring....I'd be interested if you can get Lawrence, Haverhill, Nashua, etc., which would rule out any antenna issue. Do you have the NEMLEC/BAPERN channels? If so, how do they do?

Swipesy

Lowell is using P-25 Conventional. Those are FM frequencies. The NAC xxx defines them as P-25 in the scanner. So when you program the Tone as NACxxx they will be read by the scanner and will show as P,-25 on your scanner display.

marksmith

I believe that the ezscan program will load these correctly to the scanner.

The first two frequencies shown are the same, looks like primary is analog with the capability to transmit digital, and secondary looks like it's strapped digital.

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

carlsberg1664

Is this the only frequency you're having an issue with? What other channels are you monitoring....I'd be interested if you can get Lawrence, Haverhill, Nashua, etc., which would rule out any antenna issue. Do you have the NEMLEC/BAPERN channels? If so, how do they do?

NEMLEC Lowell Nashua are programmed in.
I have only heard Nashua

carlsberg1664

Lowell is using P-25 Conventional. Those are FM frequencies. The NAC xxx defines them as P-25 in the scanner. So when you program the Tone as NACxxx they will be read by the scanner and will show as P,-25 on your scanner display.

Transmissions are heard on Broadcastify...but not on my scanner (listening to both at the same time)

Swipesy

If you programmed the Conventional P-25 properly and you are not hearing the P_25 then you have another issue. Your question was how to program the P-25. xxx.xxx FM NACxxx. On my PSR800 I can monitor a Conventional P-25 freq that is 35 miles distant. Your issue, if programmed properly may be location. Antenna. Just because you hear it on Broadcastfy could be their scanner is better located.

MFCJR

Not sure how you have it set up but make sure the scan sets are enabled for the scan lists in use.

prcguy

I see your scanner says:

Lowell PD
FM 482.412500
NAC 366

And mine says:

Lowell PD2
Auto 482.412500
NAC 366

Looks like yours is set for FM mode and it should be in Auto mode. Did you program these manually or pull them from the library on the memory card? Do you have a recent database on the memory card?
prcguy

How do I check to see that it is in P25 mode ?

usswood

the NAC is what makes it scan for a digital signal... I would change the NAC code to search, because they might have changed the NAC code for access! It is a conventional frequency that is P25 that is what the NAC code is for!

FM has nothing to do with weather its digital or analog... if it is digital, then a NAC code is needed, if it is analog then a CTCSS is used!

MFCJR

I would start over and download the whole Lowell system and see what comes in. You could always remove what you don't want later if all works well. I don't believe you need to change any settings. Just make sure the Scan Set for that Scan List is on.

prcguy

366 is the correct NAC for Lowell PD and it works fine in my scanner.
prcguy

the NAC is what makes it scan for a digital signal... I would change the NAC code to search, because they might have changed the NAC code for access! It is a conventional frequency that is P25 that is what the NAC code is for!

FM has nothing to do with weather its digital or analog... if it is digital, then a NAC code is needed, if it is analog then a CTCSS is used!

carlsberg1664

I see your scanner says:

Lowell PD
FM 482.412500
NAC 366

And mine says:

Lowell PD2
Auto 482.412500
NAC 366

Looks like yours is set for FM mode and it should be in Auto mode. Did you program these manually or pull them from the library on the memory card? Do you have a recent database on the memory card?
prcguy

I have the most recent data in the library and in the scanner. I used the software to program the scanner

usswood

try moving the scanner around, you might be blocked from something close by cutting off the digital signal before it gets to your scanner.. also try the freq in search mode and see if you hear anything on it

MFCJR

If you need to change modes, In EZscan click on conventional frequencies then click on the frequency to highlight that line. Under Mode you can change it to FM, AUTO, AM, NFM. Under D Mode you can change it to Analog, Digital, Auto. Just click on the modes to make the change.

carlsberg1664

I would start over and download the whole Lowell system and see what comes in. You could always remove what you don't want later if all works well. I don't believe you need to change any settings. Just make sure the Scan Set for that Scan List is on.

Thank you to all who helped...
This advice got the job done.
Thank you MFCJR

Status
Not open for further replies.