Lower case letters when hand programing pro106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay320

Is there a way to get lowercase letters when naming channels while hand programing a pro106? My primary computer now is a mac and there are no scanner programs for mac that I know of. So most programing now is by hand, which I don't mind, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do lowercase letters. Any ideas?

nc28478

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (indulge: Opera/9.80 (Android 2.2.2; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1111101157; U; en) Presto/2.9.201 Version/11.50)

while editing alpha tag

press function
press 0
press function (symbols)
press function again
(different symbols)

nc28478

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (indulge: Opera/9.80 (Android 2.2.2; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1111101157; U; en) Presto/2.9.201 Version/11.50)

also if editing by hand

edit the Qtxt

I use local county names

as base.
Then like ems fire tac

then in combination
----—

also function. cl to empty alpha area.

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to get lowercase letters when naming channels while hand programing a pro106? My primary computer now is a mac and there are no scanner programs for mac that I know of. So most programing now is by hand, which I don't mind, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do lowercase letters. Any ideas?

You can run radio programs on a Mac. All of my computers are Macs. I run my Icom software through the WINE emulator. You could always run a copy of Windows through Boot Camp. I am told Fusion works well, too. But, I don't have any experience with those. I don't know where you are located but, quite often; Best Buy runs a 15.4" Windows laptop for $199.00. Even if you just put your radio software on it, it's really not a lot of money wasted. Good luck.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I have a netbook I bought really cheap ($150 for a high end refurb was $400, that actually appeared to be new)mostly just to run Win500 and the HP1 software on. Works great, and is handy for a backup PC for browsing, etc.

Clay320

Thanks for the help.

I'm looking into to wine emulator stuff, I'll give that a try if I can figure it out

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
There is a good tutorial out there. It's not all that difficult. But, to load it is time consuming. Took my MacBook about 30 minutes running behind the scenes. But, once loaded; my Icom programs open just as if they were actually written for a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.