Lower Merion going from EDACS to DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicCTemple

Feed Provider
Based on recent Unitrunker logs, it appears as though Lower Merion now has two talkgroups on the county system.

Limited activity so far...maybe training or guys fiddling with new radios. Looks like new PD 10 and Region 10. Most units affiliating are 234xx or 434xx units. The few keyups so far were digital.

The system will be going live on 5/9/17 at approximately 7am. PD10 and Region10 are the talk groups that will be used for dispatch. They will also be using several other talk groups which are not encrypted.

tdmafdmadmr

Premium Subscriber
The system has been on air since 1993. Lower Merion is just coming on the county radio system. They will only have 2 talk groups but have access to other talk groups like all the other departments ,

RicCTemple

Feed Provider
The system has been on air since 1993. Lower Merion is just coming on the county radio system. They will only have 2 talk groups but have access to other talk groups like all the other departments ,

This is true that it's been on air for awhile, but I was referring to Lower Merion and Narberth going full time on it. They also have access to two PTAC talk groups and one Event talk group, which will be used by them exclusively. Plus they will be using the shared County talk groups.

kgw567

Lower Merion Police

I had them clear as a bell all day with Broadcastify app on my cell Friday. They are on together with Narberth and Norristown Thanks RicCTemple. Now Im going to invest in that radio. Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!

kh11

Premium Subscriber
None of the Lower Merion talk groups are encrypted.

Yet.

When County's system upgrade is complete, I imagine they will likely go encrypted the same as the other police talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.